Blocked email addresses or multiple user accounts due to invitations

I registered at OSGeo Discourse with my GitHub login when I got the message that the forum was launched. A couple of days later, the first invitations came in, however with a different email address (work email that I used in the now obsolete mailing lists). That the invitations do not work with the Github account isn’t the problem, but when I tried to add my work email to the previously registred Discourse account, I was told that this is not possible because it is in use with a staged user, probably due to the invitations. Thus, I registered with the work email with the intention to immediatly delete the account and remove the email address from the system, to be able to add it to my other account. To my surprise, I am not allowed to delete my own account! Neither the one that has inherited messages from previous mailing lists (work email) nor the “empty” account that I registered initially with GitHub login. Can I get administrator help to (preferably) merge the two accounts (daoane_work into daoane, keep daoane) or (alternatively) to delete the first “empty” account (daoane)? Thank you! (I write this as forum feedback as I can’t find a suitable direct contact for such issues).

I think that it is problematic to not allow users to remove their private data. According to the Terms of Service, Termination, the content is protected and will stay - which is reasonable with regard to the community and functionality, but the “Termination” doesn’t seem to be implemented (e.g. delete account, or request deletion of account from the user profile).

Henning

I’ve merged your @daoane_work into your @daoane account so you should see your whole history now and your work email associated with your github account.

Thank you very much for the quick help.

1 Like