Forwarded message from Chris Holmes

On Mar 14, 2006, at 5:33 PM, Chris Holmes wrote:

Do we have a promotion and visibility committee list yet? I couldn't find one on the site. Should I just forward this to the discuss list to see if there's anyone else who may be attending and interested in giving a workshop with me? I'm going to submit a proposal on geoserver and perhaps geonetwork and udig, would be happy if someone were to present mapserver or any other user focused foundation project really...

Harlan Onsrud wrote:

Dear Chris,

We are currently in the process of soliciting proposals for workshop offerings at GSDI 9 in Santiago Chile. We will offer a small number of workshops on Wednesday afternoon November 8 from among which participants may choose. Participants will NOT be charged an additional fee to attend the workshops.

We would like to see a proposal from you that addresses some aspect of Open Source tools as applied to the development of spatial data infrastructure.

Because these sessions are advertised as workshops they should employ some form of active learning and participation by audience members rather than just lectures. If you need help on inserting some active exercises within your program, please feel free to give me a call or otherwise contact me.

Please see the attached for the information you need to supply in making your proposal. I would like to have your proposal by April 1 so that we can make a decision at that time on whether to solicit further proposals if needed.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. If you are NOT interested in making a proposal, please let me know that immediately.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best, Harlan

--
<cholmes.vcf>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: board-unsubscribe@board.osgeo.org
For additional commands, e-mail: board-help@board.osgeo.org

Daniel Brookshier wrote:

Do we have a promotion and visibility committee list yet? I couldn't find one on the site. Should I just forward this to the discuss list to see if there's anyone else who may be attending and interested in giving a workshop with me? I'm going to submit a proposal on geoserver and perhaps geonetwork and udig, would be happy if someone were to present mapserver or any other user focused foundation project really...

Hey Chris,
I am giving an intrductory workshop on GeoServer WFS-T at the FOSSGIS Conference:
http://www.fossgis.de/wiki/index.php/Workshops_06#Mittwoch.2C_29._M.C3.A4rz.2C_11_Uhr_bis_13_Uhr

Preliminary content:
http://www.fossgis.de/wiki/index.php/Einführung_GeoServer_und_WFS-T

We will show the Online service FIONA which went Online last week. It provides access to 80T farmers to get their EU subsidy grants by online digitizing their farmland (using GeoServer WFS-T and PostgreSQL/PostGIS). I'll translate the description asap.
http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/FIONA_ist_Online

If you have any material that we could use for the workshop we would appreciate if you cuold let us have it as soon as possible. We will translate it to German and give it back for the intl site / doc pool or similar.

Things are moving faster than us being able to finally meet in the committee...

Best, Arnulf.

Harlan Onsrud wrote:

Dear Chris,

We are currently in the process of soliciting proposals for workshop offerings at GSDI 9 in Santiago Chile. We will offer a small number of workshops on Wednesday afternoon November 8 from among which participants may choose. Participants will NOT be charged an additional fee to attend the workshops.

We would like to see a proposal from you that addresses some aspect of Open Source tools as applied to the development of spatial data infrastructure.

Because these sessions are advertised as workshops they should employ some form of active learning and participation by audience members rather than just lectures. If you need help on inserting some active exercises within your program, please feel free to give me a call or otherwise contact me.

Please see the attached for the information you need to supply in making your proposal. I would like to have your proposal by April 1 so that we can make a decision at that time on whether to solicit further proposals if needed.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. If you are NOT interested in making a proposal, please let me know that immediately.

Best, Harlan

--
<cholmes.vcf>

To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@visibilitycommittee.osgeo.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@visibilitycommittee.osgeo.org

Arnulf Christl wrote:

Daniel Brookshier wrote:

Hey Chris,
I am giving an intrductory workshop on GeoServer WFS-T at the FOSSGIS Conference:
http://www.fossgis.de/wiki/index.php/Workshops_06#Mittwoch.2C_29._M.C3.A4rz.2C_11_Uhr_bis_13_Uhr

Preliminary content:
http://www.fossgis.de/wiki/index.php/Einführung_GeoServer_und_WFS-T

We will show the Online service FIONA which went Online last week. It provides access to 80T farmers to get their EU subsidy grants by online digitizing their farmland (using GeoServer WFS-T and PostgreSQL/PostGIS). I'll translate the description asap.
http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/FIONA_ist_Online

If you have any material that we could use for the workshop we would appreciate if you cuold let us have it as soon as possible. We will translate it to German and give it back for the intl site / doc pool or similar.

I actually haven't ever done a GeoServer specific presentation, as I seem to end up talking more generically about open source and geo. But at OSGEO conference last year Dave Blasby gave a presentation, perhaps more in depth and technical than you want, it was more of a workshop, but you may be able to get some decent slides:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/OSGIS+2005+presentation

I'm working on some good slides explaining open source in general, some nice diagrams and all, I'll send to you guys when I'm done.

best regards,

Chris

Things are moving faster than us being able to finally meet in the committee...

Best, Arnulf.

Harlan Onsrud wrote:

Dear Chris,

Best, Harlan

--
<cholmes.vcf>

To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@visibilitycommittee.osgeo.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@visibilitycommittee.osgeo.org

--
Chris Holmes