Gave my first (of many I hope!) OSGeo Presentations

Hi Gang,

Just got back from giving my first formal OSGeo presentation as an OSGeo Board Member to Natural Resources Canada. Meeting went very well with a lot of great feedback.

Next question is ... how do I feed this back into the system so others can leverage the slides too? Ok -- maybe the Oh(sgeo) Canada! slide won't work for everyone. :wink: Did you know that 12 of 45 OSGeo members are based in Canada?

One thing I noticed is I only had my DM standard template to work from for presentation delivery ... something we need to solve quickly!

Michael - are you taking presentation slide decks? should I email to you directly?

Dave

> Did you know that 12 of 45 OSGeo members are

based in Canada?

Did not know but does not surprise me. If OSGeo were to give an award to a country, it'd definitely go to Canada :wink:

One thing I noticed is I only had my DM standard template to work from for presentation delivery ... something we need to solve quickly!

A template would be very nice. Something we could try to do for the face to face day 2?

C

Chris,

Chris Holmes wrote:

A template would be very nice. Something we could try to do for the face to face day 2?

Definitely -- going into Where 2.0, after all the work that's gone into banners, logo, etc.. it would be crazy not to have all of the presentations to the group not carrying that same look and feel. Just emphasizes the 'coming together' of the open source universe.

Dave

Please start by posting/sharing your presentation to the docs & files https://webcommittee.osgeo.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList

Daniel Brookshier | Community Manager | CollabNet, Inc.
8000 Marina Blvd. Suite 600 | Brisbane, CA 94005 | USA
O 972.422.5261 | C 214.207.6614 | dbrookshier@collab.net

On Jun 1, 2006, at 2:25 PM, Dave McIlhagga wrote:

Hi Gang,

Just got back from giving my first formal OSGeo presentation as an OSGeo Board Member to Natural Resources Canada. Meeting went very well with a lot of great feedback.

Next question is ... how do I feed this back into the system so others can leverage the slides too? Ok -- maybe the Oh(sgeo) Canada! slide won't work for everyone. :wink: Did you know that 12 of 45 OSGeo members are based in Canada?

Michael - are you taking presentation slide decks? should I email to you directly?

Dave

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@visibilitycommittee.osgeo.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@visibilitycommittee.osgeo.org

Dave McIlhagga wrote:

Hi Gang,

Dave

Hi
you already are Project Developer in VisCom so you should just upload your docs to the Documents & Files section there. If you want them to be edited you can also put them into the SVN.

Best regards,
Arnulf.

On 1-Jun-06, at 2:52 PM, Daniel Brookshier wrote:

Please start by posting/sharing your presentation to the docs & files https://webcommittee.osgeo.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList

Shouldn’t we post them to the viscom documents section, not webcom?

Tyler

My goof, yes! https://visibilitycommittee.osgeo.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList

Daniel Brookshier | Community Manager | CollabNet, Inc.
8000 Marina Blvd. Suite 600 | Brisbane, CA 94005 | USA
O 972.422.5261 | C 214.207.6614 | dbrookshier@collab.net

On Jun 4, 2006, at 10:39 AM, Tyler Mitchell wrote:

On 1-Jun-06, at 2:52 PM, Daniel Brookshier wrote:

Shouldn’t we post them to the viscom documents section, not webcom?

Tyler