[GeoNetwork-devel] osgeo budget request and osgeo-agm-2023 slides

I am not aware of any specific budget request being made yet for the geonetwork project, to qualify for the default amount we needed to “report in” as part of the osgeo-agm-2023 slide deck.

I have updated the geonetwork slide to reflect 2023 activities and ask PSC members to review.

Aside: I think the idea was to create a video out of this osgeo-agm-2023 slidedeck but that has not happened yet.

···

–
Jody Garnett

Here is the content of the slide I added (editing the one from 2022):

GeoNetwork

  • Active releases:

  • GeoNetwork 4.4 - main

  • GeoNetwork 4.2

  • GeoNetwork 3.12 - eol 2024- Highlights

  • sphinx-build → mkdocs- Work in progress

  • DCAT schema

  • GN MicroServices

  • GN UI update-

  • Community

  • Bolsena Sprint August

  • User-meeting December- Challenges

  • AngularJS → Angular

  • Spring 5.3 → Spring 6

Is this correct? Anything you wish to see changed…

···

–
Jody Garnett

–
Jody Garnett

Hi Joddy,

Perfectly correct to me, thanks for sharing this document, very valuable.
Cheers

···

–
Jody Garnett

–
Jody Garnett

This is Florent Gravin's card. Their email is florent.gravin@anonymised.com

Two things:

  1. We still have not respond to osgeo 2024 budget and sponsorship opportunities request (I did the minium of making an AGM report so we get a default allocation).

Action: I am creating a wiki page now (using my new commit access) so we can be included in 2024 call for funding etc…

  1. There is no link from https://geonetwork-opensource.org to sponsorship information or github repository / wiki.

Action: How is the website managed/maintained?

···

–
Jody Garnett

–
Jody Garnett

–
Jody Garnett

This is Florent Gravin's card. Their email is florent.gravin@anonymised.com

Here is the wiki page: https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/wiki/GeoNetwork-2024-Sponsorship-Opportunities

I tried to sort out some sensible recommendations since we do not have a budget in mind for 2024.

After comparing with what OSGeo offers for perks I came up with the following:

  • $1/month: Enthusiast: minimal to get an OSGeo GitHub badge (does not do anything for geonetwork)
  • $5/month: Enthusiast: list name on a geonetwork website under “2024 donations”
  • $10/month: GIS Professional: list name on a geonetwork website under “2024 donations”
  • $500/annual: Recommend for oranisatitons using GeoNetwork internally, qualifies for OSGeo Bronze perks
  • $3000/annual: Recommended for organizations using GeoNetwork publicly, qualifies for OSGeo Silver perks

Please consider the above levels, and review/revise the above wiki page - which will be shared on Monday 15 January.

···

–
Jody Garnett

–
Jody Garnett

–
Jody Garnett

–
Jody Garnett

This is Florent Gravin's card. Their email is florent.gravin@anonymised.com