[Geoserver-devel] Motion to Promote Camptocamp to Experienced Provider

Hi PSC,

I am writing to nominate Camptocamp for promotion to an Experienced Provider and to have them listed as such on the GeoServer Commercial Support page [1].

Based on the requirements outlined in the developer documentation[2], Camptocamp appears to meet 8 out of the 9 criteria:

✓ Development
✓ Coding
x Documentation contributions to the user guide or similar
✓ Translation
✓ Outreach
✓ Training
✓ Services
✓ Product

I look forward to your feedback on this nomination.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Best regards,
Gabe

[1] https://geoserver.org/support/
[2] https://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/developer/policies/service_providers.html

···

camptocamp
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
BY OPEN SOURCE EXPERTS

Gabriel Roldán
Geospatial Developer

A little more work is needed for your application (see the instructions you linked to https://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/developer/policies/service_providers.html).

I am comfortable with camptocamp as an experienced provider; I would also consider the “cloud native geoserver” to be close to an extension (someone more than a community module?)

Do you want to start making a pull request?

···

–
Jody Garnett

camptocamp
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
BY OPEN SOURCE EXPERTS

Gabriel Roldán
Geospatial Developer

A little more work is needed for your application (see the instructions you linked to https://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/developer/policies/service_providers.html).

Yes, it wasn’t clear whether I should include the links in the email. It was more to gather PSC sentiment and eventually provide the links in the pull request.

Question on editing the page:

https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver-cloud

https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/pulls/groldan?q=is%3Aclosed
https://github.com/geotools/geotools/pulls/groldan?q=is%3Aclosed

https://github.com/geotools/geotools/pulls/vuilleumierc?q=is%3Aclosed
https://github.com/geotools/geotools/pulls/pmauduit?q=is%3Aclosed
https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/pulls/pmauduit?q=is%3Aclosed

  • Translation: I am not sure how to check this?!

I’m under the impression Alex Gacon worked on translation. Gotta confirm

https://talks.osgeo.org/foss4g-europe-2024/talk/3NXTEG/
https://talks.osgeo.org/foss4g-europe-2024/talk/GHRLE3/
https://talks.osgeo.org/foss4g-2023/talk/GK3YMN/

https://talks.osgeo.org/foss4g-2023/talk/9R3QTM/

  • Training: link? Do you have a geoserver training page? I am not familiar with camptocamp offerings…

https://camptocamp.com/en/trainings/manage-and-administer-a-georchestra-platform
https://github.com/camptocamp/courseware-geoserver
I’m sure there’s more but it’s too late for may european colleages to answer right now

  • Services: link? Do you have a specific geoserver support page?

https://camptocamp.com/geoserver

  • Product: link? Do you have a specific geoserver product? Or product that contains geoserver?

https://www.georchestra.org/

I am comfortable with camptocamp as an experienced provider; I would also consider the “cloud native geoserver” to be close to an extension (someone more than a community module?)

I’d say it’s closer to product in the same way geoserver is advertised as product in other providers’ pages, but I wouldn’t date that much without the packaging and the bow

Do you want to start making a pull request?

yes, thanks, I’ll prepare a pr as soon as possible.

Cheers,

···

camptocamp
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
BY OPEN SOURCE EXPERTS

Gabriel Roldán
Geospatial Developer

–
Jody Garnett

camptocamp
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
BY OPEN SOURCE EXPERTS

Gabriel Roldán
Geospatial Developer

Hello,

I’ve created a pull request to move camptocamp from additional
to experienced provider here: https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver.github.io/pull/202

Looking forward to your feedback.

Cheers,

···

camptocamp
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
BY OPEN SOURCE EXPERTS

Gabriel Roldán
Geospatial Developer

camptocamp
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
BY OPEN SOURCE EXPERTS

Gabriel Roldán
Geospatial Developer

–
Jody Garnett

camptocamp
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
BY OPEN SOURCE EXPERTS

Gabriel Roldán
Geospatial Developer

Thanks Gabe!

Aside: I wonder if we should make the tags link to service providers product or training offering etc…

We should try and figure out a tag for organizations that volunteer on geoserver-security (an indication if they can meet CRA regulations when the time comes).

I will review your PR this week…

···

–
Jody Garnett

camptocamp
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
BY OPEN SOURCE EXPERTS

Gabriel Roldán
Geospatial Developer

camptocamp
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
BY OPEN SOURCE EXPERTS

Gabriel Roldán
Geospatial Developer

–
Jody Garnett

camptocamp
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
BY OPEN SOURCE EXPERTS

Gabriel Roldán
Geospatial Developer