Good morning!
I have recently set up a WFS service for the INSPIRE theme Administrative Units using GeoServer 2.8.1 (as required by the client) and Application-Schema.
The GetFeature returns the expected data:
When I try to add the service into QGis, I always get the same critical error saying that is an invalid layer, because it couldn’t process de DescribeFeatureType request:
I don’t see anything wrong with it, although I’m not sure what it must contain.
These are the options I have in the WFS service:

The only strange “configuration” I can find is in the folder structure of the workspace.
Inside the “au” directory I have created a folder for the AdministrativeBoundary information that contains the XML with the schema mapping and the datastore:

Then, using the web interface I create the layer. But it seems it uses another SO user, so a differente folder is created to store the layer definition:

That new folder has a directory with the name “AdminsitrativeBoundary” that contains the layer definition:

The GetFeature response is OK and I can see the layer using the preview of GeoServer, so I didn’t think twice about it. But now I can´t add it to QGis 3.10 and I was wondering if I have missed something that could lead to that error.
It is a GeoServer 2.8.1 installed in a Linux getting the information form a PostGIS database.
For another client, I set up the same INSPIRE theme using GeoServer 2.13 in a Windows machine taking the data from a SQL Server database and I could add the layer to QGis.
Thanks for any light thrown into this issue!
Best regards.
Óscar Diago Alonso
Analista / Desarrollador GIS
oscar.diago@anonymised.com
Tfno.: +34 945 13 13 72
C/ Pintor Clemente Arráiz, 3 BJ (01008) Vitoria-Gasteiz, Álava
Tratamos su dirección de correo electrónico y otros datos personales para mantener el contacto y comunicación con Ud. y, en su caso, remitirle información sobre nuestros productos y servicios. Si no desea recibir tal información envíe un e-mail en tal sentido a dpd@anonymised.com Puede acceder, rectificar y suprimir los datos, así como otros derechos, como se detalla en la información adicional y completa a su disposición en nuestra política de privacidad en el sitio web. Este mensaje y los archivos adjuntos al mismo son privados y confidenciales, si no es Ud. el destinatario y ha recibido este mensaje por error, rogamos nos lo comunique inmediatamente sin difundir, almacenar o copiar su contenido.


