[Marketing] Event attendance by Alberta Chapter

Folks,

I will be taking part in a community event here in Calgary, May 25 - https://techopportunityfest.dorik.io/ - and representing the OSGeo, Alberta Chapter. There is opportunity to take part in a variety of ways, one of which is to host a table (free of charge). I’m wondering if we have any banners or the like that are kicking around locally which I could pick up and use. I’m guessing no, but thought I’d ask. If there aren’t, I’ll likely not host a table and simply help with coordinating at the event, still on behalf of the chapter. I’m assuming there’s no issue with me providing the OSGeo logo to be listed in the event materials even though we are an informal chapter.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Scott.

Scott McHale

industryus

M 403.970.7640

LinkedIn

Twitter

You should be able to print one up, it would be good to have.

Logonuse should be fine, do you need a hand making a Alberta chapter logo?

···

Jody Garnett

Thanks, Jody.

Yes, a hand in making an Alberta Chapter logo would be appreciated. The one I’d created for our meetup page is….uh……not great. I’m a “graphic design is my passion” meme.

With regard to printing up a banner, is there a standard design, form, etc, that we typically use?

Sent: Friday, May 3, 2024 9:55 AM
To: Scott McHale scott.mchale@shaw.ca
Cc: marketing@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [Marketing] Event attendance by Alberta Chapter

Jody Garnett

On Fri, May 3, 2024 at 7:40 AM Scott McHale via Marketing <marketing@lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

Folks,

I will be taking part in a community event here in Calgary, May 25 - https://techopportunityfest.dorik.io/ - and representing the OSGeo, Alberta Chapter. There is opportunity to take part in a variety of ways, one of which is to host a table (free of charge). I’m wondering if we have any banners or the like that are kicking around locally which I could pick up and use. I’m guessing no, but thought I’d ask. If there aren’t, I’ll likely not host a table and simply help with coordinating at the event, still on behalf of the chapter. I’m assuming there’s no issue with me providing the OSGeo logo to be listed in the event materials even though we are an informal chapter.

Thanks,

Scott.

Scott McHale

industryus

M 403.970.7640

LinkedIn

Twitter

Marketing mailing list
Marketing@lists.osgeo.org
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing

Clarification: should the banner be OSGeo, Alberta Chapter or generic OSGeo?

From: Marketing marketing-bounces@lists.osgeo.org On Behalf Of Scott McHale via Marketing
Sent: Friday, May 3, 2024 11:22 AM
To: ‘Jody Garnett’ jody.garnett@gmail.com

Thanks, Jody.

Yes, a hand in making an Alberta Chapter logo would be appreciated. The one I’d created for our meetup page is….uh……not great. I’m a “graphic design is my passion” meme.

With regard to printing up a banner, is there a standard design, form, etc, that we typically use?

Sent: Friday, May 3, 2024 9:55 AM
To: Scott McHale <scott.mchale@shaw.ca>

Jody Garnett

On Fri, May 3, 2024 at 7:40 AM Scott McHale via Marketing <marketing@lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

Folks,

Thanks,

Scott.

Scott McHale

industryus

M 403.970.7640

LinkedIn

Twitter

Marketing mailing list
Marketing@lists.osgeo.org
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing

Hi Scott,

There is a template in GitHub repository for making “sub brands”, it can have whatever text you feel appropriate for your group?

For banner / slideshow / collateral there is content in the GitHub repository. One thing that is super nice is if you can get an appropriate top-down drone shot of something from Alberta that people would recognize. We try to use neighbourhood scale so people can imagine themselves in the scene.

There are some ready to print things:

The way it works is the photo goes in-between layers of the graphics, resulting in imagery like you see on our website and social media:

Have a look at some of the examples for local chapters:

···

Jody Garnett