[Marketing] Last Minute AAG Notice

Hey folks,

After the booth swap negotiation with AAG conference fell through, Anthony from Boundless reached out to me and offered our team a spot in their booth if we wanted to hand out information about the FOSS4G.

I am taking him up on his offer and sending Ashley Tardif, our operations coordinator, to spend some time in the booth promoting OSGeo/FOSS4G, I was able to work out a pass swap with Oscar at the AAG so now she will be at the conference this week.

I know this is last minute and I don’t have a booth, but are there some general OSGeo handouts or other material Ashley should have on hand during the conference this week?

Please let me know what you think and how this might work.

Thank you for your assistance in this,

Guido

Quickly:

• Michael smith may have the “booth” tablecloth we printed for use at foss4g-na? Or at least know what happened to it, perhaps Anthony can have one table as an OSGeo station
  • SVN has handouts that can be printed https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/brochures/
  • I would prefer foss4g stickers and handouts to using the brochures above
···

On 3 April 2017 at 11:41, Guido Stein <guido@guidostein.com> wrote:

Hey folks,

After the booth swap negotiation with AAG conference fell through, Anthony from Boundless reached out to me and offered our team a spot in their booth if we wanted to hand out information about the FOSS4G.

I am taking him up on his offer and sending Ashley Tardif, our operations coordinator, to spend some time in the booth promoting OSGeo/FOSS4G, I was able to work out a pass swap with Oscar at the AAG so now she will be at the conference this week.

I know this is last minute and I don’t have a booth, but are there some general OSGeo handouts or other material Ashley should have on hand during the conference this week?

Guido

Marketing mailing list
Marketing@lists.osgeo.org
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing

Jody Garnett

Ok, we have stickers and save the dates for FOSS4G.

Perhaps we can pull together a handout in 24 hours?

-Guido

···

Jody Garnett

Hey folks,

Guido

Marketing mailing list

Maybe with Helena? That sounds like something we would do :slight_smile: Can you ask…

···

On 3 April 2017 at 12:08, Michael Smith <michael.smith.erdc@gmail.com> wrote:

I don’t have it. I think we left it in North Carolina?

Mike

Date: Monday, April 3, 2017 at 2:57 PM
To: Guido Stein <guido@guidostein.com>, Michael Smith <michael.smith.erdc@gmail.com>
Cc: OSGeo Marketing <marketing@lists.osgeo.org>, “atardif@appgeo.com” <atardif@appgeo.com>
Subject: Re: [Marketing] Last Minute AAG Notice

Quickly:

• Michael smith may have the “booth” tablecloth we printed for use at foss4g-na? Or at least know what happened to it, perhaps Anthony can have one table as an OSGeo station
  • SVN has handouts that can be printed https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/brochures/
  • I would prefer foss4g stickers and handouts to using the brochures above

Jody Garnett

Jody Garnett

Hey folks,

Guido

Marketing mailing list

Okay I was missing some context:

• event: American Association for Geographers
  • when: April 5 – 9, 2017 (okay that explains the 24 brochure idea)
  • where: Boston (that gives us more options to respond)

Guido I do not think it is worth doing an updated brochure in 24 hours - unless we have a volunteer with time.

• we have updated mission and goals so the prior text in svn would need to be rewritten
  • can grab project logos and descriptions from OSGeo live

Booth presence:

• focus on stickers (foss4g and osgeo ← you have them?)
  • Setting up a monitor with website/projects/osgeo live
  • thanks to Ashley Tardif for being volunteered!
···

Hey folks,

Guido

Marketing mailing list

Jody Garnett