[Marketing] news announcements

The wiki page for this seems out of date:

Not sure this is our responsibility (as news items are a self-serve activity), however it would be good to update to reflect social media changes (no more google+, addition of LinkedIn and Facebook).

Is it worth updating this page, or should we just archive as out of date.

···

Jody Garnett

Hello,

the page is still active. Please do not archive. Please update it if there s outdated information.

I am in the news team and will review that part.

I will also review the part: How to add an event. which will refer to the website Events Archive - OSGeo.

Twitter looks fine. But I will review it tooo.

I made an todo ticket:#64 - review News Queue Page in wiki - todo - OSGeo Git Services: Gitea - Git with a cup of tea

Astrid

Am 14.01.2020 20:20 schrieb Jody Garnett:

The wiki page for this seems out of date:

- News Queue - OSGeo [1]

Not sure this is our responsibility (as news items are a self-serve
activity), however it would be good to update to reflect social media
changes (no more google+, addition of LinkedIn and Facebook).

Is it worth updating this page, or should we just archive as out of
date.

--
Jody Garnett

Links:
------
[1] News Queue - OSGeo

I think we need to update:

• “Mechanics of Posting” to describe creating a “Foundation News” item on the website.
  • “Developer Spotlights” remove
  • “Social Media” section linking to and describing contact points for twitter, Facebook, linkedIn - right now we coordinate with an email to the marketing committee.
  • “Press release” not sure how to handle this section since I have never done it

If you like folks can create a draft “foundation news” item and the editor can review and then coordinate social media. This would be consistent with how marketing committee reviews new service provider pages.

···

Jody Garnett