[Marketing] Open Geoscience budget

dear All,
the 8th February we will have a course on Open Monitoring Network at the FOSS4G-IT in Genova.
We have up-to-now 28 subscribed people.

Today I have bought materials to run the course (arduino boards, sensors, resistors, etc.) for the amount of EUR 148,55
Our idea is to give (leave) each participant an “OSgeo Sensor kit”: Arduino board and one temperature sensor.

My mail is to ask:

1. for reimbursement (within the commitee budget)
  2. for OSGeo marketing if material is available, this is to include with the sensor kit (stickers, USB, flyers, etc.)

Regards,
Maxi

···

Massimiliano Cannata

Professore SUPSI in ingegneria Geomatica

Responsabile settore Geomatica

Istituto scienze della Terra

Dipartimento ambiente costruzione e design

Scuola universitaria professionale della Svizzera italiana

Campus Trevano, CH - 6952 Canobbio

Tel. +41 (0)58 666 62 14

Fax +41 (0)58 666 62 09

massimiliano.cannata@supsi.ch

www.supsi.ch/ist

Maxi et al.

···

Regarding reimbursement of flyers and stickers;

• stickers best be printed locally (printing overseas And shipment is not quite cost And time efficient)

• flyers; files can be downloaded from OSGeo wiki marketing for printing

• Reimbursement Arduino boards…148 Euro…perhaps finding a local sponsor should have been arranged before buying…

In order not to waste time: I propose total reimbursement of 200 Euro incl VAT.

Reimbursement; we do not have a policy yet reg max amount per occasion. My suggestion: maximum cost to be reimbursed 200Euro (should suffice to give all 28+ participants at least one of each)
Needed: official approval of Marketing Budget by the Board (the wiki on budgets may not be up to date…)
@Jody or other Board members: please advice! Otherwise let it come initially from unspent budget 2016.

@Maxi: Last but not least, please, allow Committee at next opportunity for more time in advance to approve or disapprove on budget.

Kind regards,

Marc Vloemans

Op 31 jan. 2017 om 18:52 heeft Massimiliano Cannata <massimiliano.cannata@supsi.ch> het volgende geschreven:

dear All,
the 8th February we will have a course on Open Monitoring Network at the FOSS4G-IT in Genova.
We have up-to-now 28 subscribed people.

Today I have bought materials to run the course (arduino boards, sensors, resistors, etc.) for the amount of EUR 148,55
Our idea is to give (leave) each participant an “OSgeo Sensor kit”: Arduino board and one temperature sensor.

My mail is to ask:

1. for reimbursement (within the commitee budget)
  2. for OSGeo marketing if material is available, this is to include with the sensor kit (stickers, USB, flyers, etc.)

Regards,
Maxi

Massimiliano Cannata

Professore SUPSI in ingegneria Geomatica

Responsabile settore Geomatica

Istituto scienze della Terra

Dipartimento ambiente costruzione e design

Scuola universitaria professionale della Svizzera italiana

Campus Trevano, CH - 6952 Canobbio

Tel. +41 (0)58 666 62 14

Fax +41 (0)58 666 62 09

massimiliano.cannata@supsi.ch