[Marketing] OSGeo at OSCON 2017 -- planning, action needed

cc’d: Thea Aldrich of LocationTech + Eclipse, co-organizing this booth effort with me

Greetings, marketing@lists:

OSCON prep is underway and I have some action items/info needs based on emails received from OSCON’s sponsor liaison. In no particular order:

• We have one Bronze pass and two Exhibitor passes: we need to assign/register these by April 11.
    ACTION: what are we doing with these?
    PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Thea already has a pass via Eclipse; I’ll take the Bronze pass & we’ll use the other two for part-time volunteers. I bring this to the list for discussion just in case anyone disagrees (since the passes belong to OSGeo)

• Scheduled “booth time” is as follows:
    May 9: TBD? - setup time
    May 10: 10:00AM - 5:45PM / 5:45PM - 7:00PM (Booth Crawl)
    May 11: 10:00AM - 4:30PM
    NO ACTION NEEDED: Thea & I will be there all week, we are working on recruiting additional part-time booth volunteers from the local community now

• Our booth includes:
    One, draped 4’ counter-height table in the OSCON Expo Hall
    (2) Chairs
    (1) Easel-back ID sign printed with organization name.
    ACTION: if we want electrical power or internet access, we need to pay for this. There will be free wifi but it’s not guaranteed to be reliable. I don’t have cost info yet but can look into it if there’s need/budget

• OSGeo’s name, logo, description, link, etc will be posted on the website & in the mobile app.
    ACTION: need a high-resolution logo and 100-word max description to use on OSCON.com

• General ACTION: need help with materials (stickers? banners? fliers? etc) for this booth. I’ve no idea what the status quo is here so any information/assistance would be grand.

I’m working on updating https://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=OSCON_2017_Booth today with all the information I have thus far. If you have questions please ask away, I may have the answer buried in an email somewhere.

Cheers, all!
Sara

Thanks for taking point on this Sara and Thea - great community building (and thanks for using wiki and email to organize).

booth:

• We should pay for power and have a laptop with monitor to show case our work
  • browser with osgeo.org, live.osgeo.org, project websites
  • demo: anything you can run locally, or install live.osgeo.org in a VM

branding:

The Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) is a not-for-profit organization to: Empower everyone with open source geospatial!

Geospatial and location software is a great addition to the open source community: unlocking government and industry opportunities, at the forefront of mobile and internet of things innovation.

The foundation’s projects are all freely available under open source licenses. Visit us at OSCon to bring a sense of place to your next application.

materials:

• this is a work in progress
  • we should be able to send stickers that have already been printed to you
  • anything else we will want to print locally, and ask you to pickup.
···

On 3 April 2017 at 12:22, Sara Safavi <ssafavi@boundlessgeo.com> wrote:

cc’d: Thea Aldrich of LocationTech + Eclipse, co-organizing this booth effort with me

OSCON prep is underway and I have some action items/info needs based on emails received from OSCON’s sponsor liaison. In no particular order:

• We have one Bronze pass and two Exhibitor passes: we need to assign/register these by April 11.
    PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Thea already has a pass via Eclipse; I’ll take the Bronze pass & we’ll use the other two for part-time volunteers. I bring this to the list for discussion just in case anyone disagrees (since the passes belong to OSGeo)

NO ACTION NEEDED: Thea & I will be there all week, we are working on recruiting additional part-time booth volunteers from the local community now

• Our booth includes:
    (2) Chairs
    ACTION: if we want electrical power or internet access, we need to pay for this. There will be free wifi but it’s not guaranteed to be reliable. I don’t have cost info yet but can look into it if there’s need/budget

• OSGeo’s name, logo, description, link, etc will be posted on the website & in the mobile app.
    ACTION: need a high-resolution logo and 100-word max description to use on OSCON.com

• General ACTION: need help with materials (stickers? banners? fliers? etc) for this booth. I’ve no idea what the status quo is here so any information/assistance would be grand.

I’m working on updating https://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=OSCON_2017_Booth today with all the information I have thus far. If you have questions please ask away, I may have the answer buried in an email somewhere.

Cheers, all!

Sara

Marketing mailing list
Marketing@lists.osgeo.org
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing

Jody Garnett

Thanks Jody. I’ve submitted that description and logo to be included on the website. Have also submitted a request for pricing & order details for the electric hookup. When you say “laptop” I’m guessing you mean Thea & I should use our own, or is there OSGeo hardware to be shipped?

–Sara

···

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 2:52 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for taking point on this Sara and Thea - great community building (and thanks for using wiki and email to organize).

booth:

branding:

The Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) is a not-for-profit organization to: Empower everyone with open source geospatial!

Geospatial and location software is a great addition to the open source community: unlocking government and industry opportunities, at the forefront of mobile and internet of things innovation.

The foundation’s projects are all freely available under open source licenses. Visit us at OSCon to bring a sense of place to your next application.

materials:

Jody Garnett

• Our booth includes:
    (2) Chairs

Cheers, all!

Sara

Marketing mailing list

You move fast!

OSGeo does not have any hardware, so whoever is manning the booth will probably want their own laptop with demos they are comfortable with.

···

On 3 April 2017 at 13:06, Sara Safavi <ssafavi@boundlessgeo.com> wrote:

Thanks Jody. I’ve submitted that description and logo to be included on the website. Have also submitted a request for pricing & order details for the electric hookup. When you say “laptop” I’m guessing you mean Thea & I should use our own, or is there OSGeo hardware to be shipped?

–Sara

Jody Garnett

booth:

branding:

materials:

Jody Garnett

• Our booth includes:
    (2) Chairs

Cheers, all!

Sara

Marketing mailing list

Update: ordering utilities for booth is a complicated process. What I do know: we are past the point of “earlybird” pricing, so you have until May 3 (i.e., no rush) to make this order.

Price list is locked in a password-protected PDF, @Jody if you’re able to take point on this I’ll fwd you what I have so you can take it to the right Powers That Be.

–Sara

···

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 3:07 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@gmail.com> wrote:

You move fast!

OSGeo does not have any hardware, so whoever is manning the booth will probably want their own laptop with demos they are comfortable with.

Jody Garnett

On 3 April 2017 at 13:06, Sara Safavi <ssafavi@boundlessgeo.com> wrote:

–Sara

booth:

branding:

materials:

Jody Garnett

• Our booth includes:
    (2) Chairs

Cheers, all!

Sara

Marketing mailing list