[Marketing] OSGeo website - Travel Grant Program

Yes it would be very appropriate! That page is for all the travel grants going on :slight_smile:

···

Jody Garnett

What is your osgeo user id? Vicky is going on holiday shortly, want to ensure you have permissions to edit / post in support of your event.

···

Jody Garnett

Thanks Jody!

My username is jbryant.

Cheers
John

On Mon, 3 Sep 2018 at 17:01, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@gmail.com> wrote:

What is your osgeo user id? Vicky is going on holiday shortly, want to ensure you have permissions to edit / post in support of your event.

Jody Garnett

On Sat, 1 Sep 2018 at 03:20, John Bryant <johnwbryant@gmail.com> wrote:

OK great! Would love to see ours on there.

Here are the details:

I don’t want to dump & run here, if there’s anything I can do to assist with getting this up on the page, please let me know.

Thanks
John

On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 at 22:29, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes it would be very appropriate! That page is for all the travel grants going on :slight_smile:

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 11:10 AM John Bryant <johnwbryant@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Vicky,

Would it be appropriate to add the FOSS4G SotM Oceania Travel Grant Program to this page? (https://www.osgeo.org/initiatives/foss4g-travel-grant-program/)

(We’re currently requesting funding from OSGeo to support our program, but it will go ahead in a smaller form even if that doesn’t happen.)

If you think it’s a good idea, I can provide the details & links to our website & application form. Our application is only open for the next few weeks, but it might also be good to have the info on the OSGeo page to encourage other regional FOSS4Gs to develop & promote these programs as well.

Thanks

John

Jody Garnett

I see “jbryantldap” also? is that you …

···

Jody Garnett

Ah yes, also me. I was a bit confused about this, I think I was trying to figure out how to edit the events page, and Angelos was helping me out. He said

If you have an account for the wiki, that account will not work for the
website, since the wiki does not use our LDAP.
Please use the mantra to register a new account for the LDAP.

IIRC, we eventually resolved it by Vicky fixing up my permissions. I don’t think I need the jbryantLDAP account anymore, I believe the jbryant one is what I ended up using to add our event.

I would love to have just a single OSGeo account for all the things!

On Mon, 3 Sep 2018 at 17:24, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@gmail.com> wrote:

I see “jbryantldap” also? is that you …

Jody Garnett

On Mon, 3 Sep 2018 at 10:08, John Bryant <johnwbryant@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Jody!

My username is jbryant.

Cheers
John

Jody Garnett

Here are the details:

I don’t want to dump & run here, if there’s anything I can do to assist with getting this up on the page, please let me know.

Thanks
John

Hi Vicky,

Would it be appropriate to add the FOSS4G SotM Oceania Travel Grant Program to this page? (https://www.osgeo.org/initiatives/foss4g-travel-grant-program/)

(We’re currently requesting funding from OSGeo to support our program, but it will go ahead in a smaller form even if that doesn’t happen.)

If you think it’s a good idea, I can provide the details & links to our website & application form. Our application is only open for the next few weeks, but it might also be good to have the info on the OSGeo page to encourage other regional FOSS4Gs to develop & promote these programs as well.

Thanks

John

Jody Garnett

I have added “page editor” for you, this lets you edit pages (most of the content is posts, we only have a few pages).

Please let me know if it works!

···

Jody Garnett

Much appreciated, thanks Jody. I’ll attempt to add our info later today.

Cheers!
John

On Mon, 3 Sep 2018 at 19:23, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@gmail.com> wrote:

I have added “page editor” for you, this lets you edit pages (most of the content is posts, we only have a few pages).

Jody Garnett

Thanks Jody!

My username is jbryant.

Cheers
John

Jody Garnett

Here are the details:

Thanks
John

Hi Vicky,

Thanks

John

Jody Garnett

All good - page updated at https://www.osgeo.org/initiatives/foss4g-travel-grant-program/

Thanks again. Looking forward to sharing our learnings on this program, has already been very interesting. Lots of great applicants - it will be hard to say no to some of them!

Cheers
John

On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 at 07:59, John Bryant <johnwbryant@gmail.com> wrote:

Cheers!
John

Jody Garnett

Thanks Jody!

My username is jbryant.

Cheers
John

Jody Garnett

Here are the details:

Thanks
John

Hi Vicky,

Thanks

John

Jody Garnett

Nice recommend making a news post also, indeed sharing news posts is a good idea for deadlines and so on.

Sadly I cannot sort out expenses to attend this year :frowning:

···

Jody Garnett

Yeah, too bad you can’t make it down! I have been thinking we need a dedicated photographer :wink:

Doing up a news post sounds good, I’m treading carefully because it’s a live site. If I do a post, not sure what happens to it, I can only see 2 posts on the site. Guess I can give it a shot?

On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 at 14:45, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@gmail.com> wrote:

Nice recommend making a news post also, indeed sharing news posts is a good idea for deadlines and so on.

Sadly I cannot sort out expenses to attend this year :frowning:

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 1:43 AM John Bryant <johnwbryant@gmail.com> wrote:

All good - page updated at https://www.osgeo.org/initiatives/foss4g-travel-grant-program/

Thanks again. Looking forward to sharing our learnings on this program, has already been very interesting. Lots of great applicants - it will be hard to say no to some of them!

Cheers

John

On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 at 07:59, John Bryant <johnwbryant@gmail.com> wrote:

Cheers!
John

Jody Garnett

Thanks Jody!

My username is jbryant.

Cheers
John

Jody Garnett

Here are the details:

Thanks
John

Hi Vicky,

Thanks

John

Jody Garnett

Jody Garnett