[Marketing] Seal production

Hi marketing team,

Do you have ideas for where and in which form to produce an actual real-life version of our winning seal design? Should we go with something metallic, wooden, or plain old rubber?

Use cases are to put our seal on documents/certificates. I guess it should “live” at the president’s office.

Best wishes,
Anita

Rubber is cheap, I have had one produced for $20 AUD before.

···

On 25 May 2016 at 13:06, Anita Graser <anitagraser@gmx.at> wrote:

Hi marketing team,

Do you have ideas for where and in which form to produce an actual real-life version of our winning seal design? Should we go with something metallic, wooden, or plain old rubber?

Use cases are to put our seal on documents/certificates. I guess it should “live” at the president’s office.

Best wishes,
Anita

Marketing mailing list
Marketing@lists.osgeo.org
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing

Jody Garnett

On 2016/05/26 5:06, Anita Graser wrote:

Hi marketing team,

Do you have ideas for where and in which form to produce an actual
real-life version of our winning seal design? Should we go with something
metallic, wooden, or plain old rubber?

Rubber seal are not accepted as "official" seal in some countries.
So it maybe better to consider making in wood or metal.

Best

Venka

Use cases are to put our seal on documents/certificates. I guess it should
"live" at the president's office.

Best wishes,
Anita

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Venka <venka.osgeo@gmail.com> wrote:

​That's good to know, thanks Venka!

Could I ask the marketing team to suggest how to proceed?

Thank you and best wishes,
Anita

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 5:29 PM, Anita Graser <anitagraser@gmx.at> wrote:

​That's good to know, thanks Venka!

​Ping?​

​Anita

Not sure of a good answer here, think we need to find out who can produce seals look at the cost difference between wood/rubber/metal and see if there is still time to source a seal before foss4g. It would be nice to present the seal to our president in the AGM for example.

I would recommend reaching out to Helena and/or Micheal for actual purchase (since Micheal could pay the provider directly). Or if it is not very much someone could purchase and then be reimbursed. Or if there is not much time perhaps source it in Germany?

···

On 1 July 2016 at 09:00, Anita Graser <anitagraser@gmx.at> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 5:29 PM, Anita Graser <anitagraser@gmx.at> wrote:

Marketing mailing list
Marketing@lists.osgeo.org
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing

Jody Garnett

​Ping?​

​Anita

Rubber seal are not accepted as “official” seal in some countries.

​That’s good to know, thanks Venka!

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 9:33 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@gmail.com> wrote:

Not sure of a good answer here, think we need to find out who can produce
seals look at the cost difference between wood/rubber/metal and see if
there is still time to source a seal before foss4g. It would be nice to
present the seal to our president in the AGM for example.

I would recommend reaching out to Helena and/or Micheal for actual
purchase (since Micheal could pay the provider directly). Or if it is not
very much someone could purchase and then be reimbursed. Or if there is not
much time perhaps source it in Germany?

​Is rubber still an option for us if - as Venka noted - rubber seals are
not accepted as "official" in some countries?

Will the marketing committee reach out to Helene/Michael or should I go
ahead in order to hopefully get it done by August?

Best wishes,
Anita

Searching online show that that rubber seals cost $10-$30 (you can use an image for the design). I did not have too much luck looking for personal seals: http://www.thestampmaker.com/embossers.aspx not sure if this is what we want? $20-50 for an “embosser” …

So we are having a high email / cost ratio on this one.

Marc can we make a motion or otherwise accept Anita’s offer to get this done?

···

On 1 July 2016 at 12:49, Anita Graser <anitagraser@gmx.at> wrote:

Jody Garnett

Not sure of a good answer here, think we need to find out who can produce seals look at the cost difference between wood/rubber/metal and see if there is still time to source a seal before foss4g. It would be nice to present the seal to our president in the AGM for example.

I would recommend reaching out to Helena and/or Micheal for actual purchase (since Micheal could pay the provider directly). Or if it is not very much someone could purchase and then be reimbursed. Or if there is not much time perhaps source it in Germany?

​Is rubber still an option for us if - as Venka noted - rubber seals are not accepted as “official” in some countries?

Will the marketing committee reach out to Helene/Michael or should I go ahead in order to hopefully get it done by August?

Best wishes,
Anita

Anita et al,

···

I agree with Jody: this thread is costing more time than the actual purchase.

How many do you need ?

If one or two, please, order one locally and get reimbursement from Michael Smith. With cost indication as Jody provided.

If more needed, what is the purpose? Official present or other ?

Vriendelijke groet,
Marc Vloemans

Op 6 jul. 2016 om 22:38 heeft Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

Searching online show that that rubber seals cost $10-$30 (you can use an image for the design). I did not have too much luck looking for personal seals: http://www.thestampmaker.com/embossers.aspx not sure if this is what we want? $20-50 for an “embosser” …

Jody Garnett

​Is rubber still an option for us if - as Venka noted - rubber seals are not accepted as “official” in some countries?

Will the marketing committee reach out to Helene/Michael or should I go ahead in order to hopefully get it done by August?

Best wishes,
Anita

Ok. I’ll get a rubber one, since nobody bothered to answer my question about venka’s concerns.

Anita

···

Jody Garnett

Best wishes,
Anita

Anita,

···

I honestly do not believe it is a matter of ‘bothered’. In my case it happened to be a discussion/conversation which I fell into midway. I left it to the original participants as I did not feel I had to contribute anything.

The competition for a seal was new to me. And the intended usage of the seal therefor still remains a mystery. Venka’s remark only makes sense to me if the seal has an official status in terms of legally binding contracts.

I would not read too much into it. If you need help ordering locally please feel free to reach out for help.

Vriendelijke groet,
Marc Vloemans

Op 7 jul. 2016 om 12:02 heeft Anita Graser <anitagraser@gmx.at> het volgende geschreven:

Ok. I’ll get a rubber one, since nobody bothered to answer my question about venka’s concerns.

Anita

On Jul 6, 2016 23:39, “Marc Vloemans” <marcvloemans1@gmail.com> wrote:

Anita et al,

How many do you need ?

If one or two, please, order one locally and get reimbursement from Michael Smith. With cost indication as Jody provided.

Vriendelijke groet,
Marc Vloemans

Op 6 jul. 2016 om 22:38 heeft Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

Jody Garnett

Best wishes,
Anita

Thank you Marc! If you already know a good shop to order one, that would be great because it would save me time to look for one.

Best wishes
Anita

···

Jody Garnett

Best wishes,
Anita

Hi Anita,

···

I do not have one lined up or so.

Vriendelijke groet,
Marc Vloemans

Op 7 jul. 2016 om 12:25 heeft Anita Graser <anitagraser@gmx.at> het volgende geschreven:

Thank you Marc! If you already know a good shop to order one, that would be great because it would save me time to look for one.

Best wishes
Anita

On Jul 7, 2016 12:14, “Marc Vloemans” <marcvloemans1@gmail.com> wrote:

Anita,

I honestly do not believe it is a matter of ‘bothered’. In my case it happened to be a discussion/conversation which I fell into midway. I left it to the original participants as I did not feel I had to contribute anything.

The competition for a seal was new to me. And the intended usage of the seal therefor still remains a mystery. Venka’s remark only makes sense to me if the seal has an official status in terms of legally binding contracts.

I would not read too much into it. If you need help ordering locally please feel free to reach out for help.

Vriendelijke groet,
Marc Vloemans

Op 7 jul. 2016 om 12:02 heeft Anita Graser <anitagraser@gmx.at> het volgende geschreven:

Anita

Anita et al,

How many do you need ?

Vriendelijke groet,
Marc Vloemans

Jody Garnett

Best wishes,
Anita

Hi all,

I found a local shop which should be able to make one quickly. I think I’ll opt for a model which is designed for travel (www.google.at/search?q=Trodat+Mobile+Printy) rather than a fancy old-style one which needs separate ink containers.

Best wishes,
Anita

···

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 1:50 PM, Marc Vloemans <marcvloemans1@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Anita,

Vriendelijke groet,
Marc Vloemans

Op 7 jul. 2016 om 12:25 heeft Anita Graser <anitagraser@gmx.at> het volgende geschreven:

Best wishes
Anita

Anita,

Vriendelijke groet,
Marc Vloemans

Anita

Anita et al,

How many do you need ?

Vriendelijke groet,
Marc Vloemans

Jody Garnett

Best wishes,
Anita

Smart thinking!
In Amsterdam I found one for heavy wooden flashy ones…quite dear too.

Vriendelijke groet,
Marc Vloemans

···

Op 12 jul. 2016 om 11:31 heeft Anita Graser <anitagraser@gmx.at> het volgende geschreven:

Hi all,

I found a local shop which should be able to make one quickly. I think I’ll opt for a model which is designed for travel (www.google.at/search?q=Trodat+Mobile+Printy) rather than a fancy old-style one which needs separate ink containers.

Best wishes,
Anita

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 1:50 PM, Marc Vloemans <marcvloemans1@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Anita,

Vriendelijke groet,
Marc Vloemans

Best wishes
Anita

Anita,

Vriendelijke groet,
Marc Vloemans

Anita

Anita et al,

How many do you need ?

Vriendelijke groet,
Marc Vloemans

Jody Garnett

Best wishes,
Anita

Hi,

It arrived today. Very nifty little tool: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwc-5JFVTnfIT21YdmE0ODBPNnM/view?usp=sharing
Will bring it with me to Bonn.

Best wishes,
Anita

···

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 2:00 PM, Marc Vloemans <marcvloemans1@gmail.com> wrote:

Smart thinking!

Vriendelijke groet,
Marc Vloemans

Op 12 jul. 2016 om 11:31 heeft Anita Graser <anitagraser@gmx.at> het volgende geschreven:

Hi all,

Best wishes,
Anita

Looks very impressive.
By the way, I am organising for real aficionados a tattoo session in our booth (and change the logo to a more contemporary version next year :wink:

Vriendelijke groet,
Marc Vloemans

···

Op 3 aug. 2016 om 19:41 heeft Anita Graser <anitagraser@gmx.at> het volgende geschreven:

Hi,

It arrived today. Very nifty little tool: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwc-5JFVTnfIT21YdmE0ODBPNnM/view?usp=sharing
Will bring it with me to Bonn.

Best wishes,
Anita

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 2:00 PM, Marc Vloemans <marcvloemans1@gmail.com> wrote:

Smart thinking!

Vriendelijke groet,
Marc Vloemans

Hi all,

Best wishes,
Anita