[Marketing] Stickers for OSGeo

On a recent trip to the UK I was pleasantly surprised to see at least 3 different people sporting OSGeo stickers on their laptops. After having a brain freeze, wondering where they got them from, I remember I sent out a few samples I had done up a while back. They weren't even that good, but it was great to see and I believe more people would like to have them for expressing their community interest, or to subversively cover up other logos :wink:

That said, I'd like some ideas or input for slogans for stickers. I see two target groups: 1) OSGeo member "pride" stickers (for expressing that they support OSGeo projects, or use them.. as conversation starters, etc.) and
2) for more direct outreach with a bit more of a message.

Maybe they are both the same, but I was picturing the "Intel Inside" tiny sticker size with only 2 short words, like we see on our PCs, plus a larger one that has a slightly longer message - like fridge magnet size.

I've a list of ideas from our designer, but curious also what you might come up with. Some that I'm leaning toward:

OSGeo Core (short)
OSGeo Power (short)
OSGeo Powered
Built on OSGeo
Grow with OSGeo
OSGeo: Manage Earth

Other comments? I'll have to make a decision soon, so early comments appreciated :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Tyler

I think that the "Linux Inside" concept doesn't work as well for OSGeo, because OSGeo sits a level above the Operating System, and is not the only thing running on an a computer using OSGeo software.

Thinking about what OSGeo means (to me):
* Community
* Quality
* Open Source
* Standards
* Open Source Geospatial Stack

Focusing on community we can come up with:
* "OSGeo Tribe"
* "OSGeo Clan - Australian tribe"
* "OSGeo Clan - OpenLayers tribe"

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

On a recent trip to the UK I was pleasantly surprised to see at least 3 different people sporting OSGeo stickers on their laptops. After having a brain freeze, wondering where they got them from, I remember I sent out a few samples I had done up a while back. They weren't even that good, but it was great to see and I believe more people would like to have them for expressing their community interest, or to subversively cover up other logos :wink:

That said, I'd like some ideas or input for slogans for stickers. I see two target groups: 1) OSGeo member "pride" stickers (for expressing that they support OSGeo projects, or use them.. as conversation starters, etc.) and
2) for more direct outreach with a bit more of a message.
Maybe they are both the same, but I was picturing the "Intel Inside" tiny sticker size with only 2 short words, like we see on our PCs, plus a larger one that has a slightly longer message - like fridge magnet size.

I've a list of ideas from our designer, but curious also what you might come up with. Some that I'm leaning toward:

OSGeo Core (short)
OSGeo Power (short)
OSGeo Powered
Built on OSGeo
Grow with OSGeo
OSGeo: Manage Earth

Other comments? I'll have to make a decision soon, so early comments appreciated :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Tyler

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect
Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050
Mob: +61 (0)419 142 254

Think Globally, Fix Locally
Geospatial Solutions enhanced with Open Standards and Open Source
http://www.lisasoft.com