New contributor introducing myself and looking to get involved ahead of GSoC 2027

Hi everyone,

I’m Aman, a 2nd year Civil Engineering student at NIT Goa. @robe pointed me here from my Introductions post — thanks for the guidance!

I’ve been contributing to pgRouting already — I have two open PRs adding Doxygen documentation:

  • PR #3125 (get_check_data.hpp)
  • PR #3126 (pgdata_getters.hpp — get_points)

Both have passing CI and were reviewed by @cvvergara. I’ve also been building the develop branch locally and inspecting the codebase.

Separately, I’ve applied PostGIS concepts practically in my own project — implementing geometry columns, spatial indexing, and proximity search (ST_DWithin/ST_Distance) — to build a stronger grasp of the spatial fundamentals pgRouting builds on.

I’m aiming for GSoC 2027 and would appreciate any pointers on where to focus next — whether that’s deeper areas of pgRouting itself, or other sub-products worth exploring.

Thanks for your time!

Best,
Aman

1 Like