Newsletter progress...

Just an FYI...

Our committee has talked several times about getting a newsletter going. Working with the current GRASS-News editors, we have made some progress. The current edition of GRASS-News (going out this week) will be expanded to become an OSGeo News publication in the next edition (sometime in the new year).

If anyone wants to be more involved from the back-end management of this endeavour, let Martin or I know. I was the one primarily interested from the Visibility Committee so I'll put together a news item about this, as an invite to the community to contribute content for the next edition and to also have a descriptive page available on the web site that will provide some more context.

I'm personally excited about taking advantage of this great legacy of editors and content, format, etc. of the GRASS-News team - and using this as a regular tool for project news, foundation news, project examples, tutorials, interviews and more.

Tyler

Tyler Mitchell
Executive Director
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
tmitchell@osgeo.org
P: +1-250-277-1621
M: +1-250-303-1831

Hi Tyler, Martin, Board, Viscom,

I had submitted a report on OSGeo promotion in
Vietnam in November 2006. Maybe this material
can be used in the upcoming news letter.

If you need non-PDF version you can download from
http://wgrass.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/gisideas06/osgeo_vietnam_06_report.doc

can be edited to suit the newsletter format.

Looking forward to the OSGeo news letter.

Regards

Venka

Tyler Mitchell wrote:

Just an FYI...

Our committee has talked several times about getting a newsletter going. Working with the current GRASS-News editors, we have made some progress. The current edition of GRASS-News (going out this week) will be expanded to become an OSGeo News publication in the next edition (sometime in the new year).

If anyone wants to be more involved from the back-end management of this endeavour, let Martin or I know. I was the one primarily interested from the Visibility Committee so I'll put together a news item about this, as an invite to the community to contribute content for the next edition and to also have a descriptive page available on the web site that will provide some more context.

I'm personally excited about taking advantage of this great legacy of editors and content, format, etc. of the GRASS-News team - and using this as a regular tool for project news, foundation news, project examples, tutorials, interviews and more.

Tyler

Tyler Mitchell
Executive Director
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
tmitchell@osgeo.org
P: +1-250-277-1621
M: +1-250-303-1831

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: board-unsubscribe@board.osgeo.org
For additional commands, e-mail: board-help@board.osgeo.org