Following our first meeting discussion about non-profit incorporation, I would like to share with you the main official page about this topic.
I let you know in advance there is a lot of information about it that need to be understood before we proceed with any type of decision.
I hope we could have a quick reading before our next meeting to be more prepared to talk about it. There is no rush to incorporate for the time being but this is something we will have to decide sooner or later: Not-for-profit corporations .
Thanks for the link to the steps. I have also used their by-laws
generator before, to create a first draft, I found it very useful:
But we’ll have to make sure that virtual meetings (and virtual voting)
is included in the by-laws, as I’ve found those default by-laws do not
include those.
Regarding a next meeting, we’re so close to the next meeting (Aug 20th)
that I think we should keep that, and discuss next steps then. (summer
is busy, ha). That’s just my opinion.