OSGeo Ad - last look by noon

Guys,

We have until noon today for one last look at the ad text. I’m as eager to wrap this up as anyone, but was looking at the first sentence:

“The Open Source Geospatial Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the collaborative development of technologies and data.”

It doesn’t really say what kind of technologies and data. So at the risk of redundancy, I propose making it “geospatial technologies and data”, like so:

“The Open Source Geospatial Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the collaborative development of geospatial technologies and data.”

Agree? Disagree?

Peter

OSGeo Ad.pdf (226 KB)

Guys,

We have until noon today for one last look at the ad text. I’m as eager to wrap this up as anyone, but was looking at the first sentence:

“The Open Source Geospatial Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the collaborative development of technologies and data.”

It doesn’t really say what kind of technologies and data. So at the risk of redundancy, I propose making it “geospatial technologies and data”, like so:

“The Open Source Geospatial Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the collaborative development of geospatial technologies and data.”

Agree? Disagree?

Peter

This web mail client isn't very good - resending last note.
---

Hi Peter, thanks for the update.
I'd rather not keep loading that first sentence. You could instead get 'geospatial' into the second sentence to side-step the redundancy.

i.e. change:
"Our projects represent the highest quality of open, shared resources..."

to:
"Our geospatial projects represent the highest quality of open, shared resources..."

What do you think? Otherwise, I don't mind your change but just feel the first sentence is pretty long and loaded already.

Tyler