[OSGeo-Board] [Re: GSDI9 Workshop Proposal Solicitation: Open Source]

Gary Lang wrote:

"The visibility list is 'invisible'."

Who sent me this Joseph Heller snippet? :wink:

Gary

:slight_smile:

I checked the "Check this box to make this project publicly viewable to the site at large". We are visible now. I will send a date for a first skype meeting and add some more details.

We have already started a lot of activities, I will try to catch up on documenting what is going on. Sorry to be little communicative, just slightly overworked - which in the end is the best that could have happened.

Arnulf.

On Mar 14, 2006, at 5:33 PM, Chris Holmes wrote:

Do we have a promotion and visibility committee list yet? I couldn't find one on the site. Should I just forward this to the discuss list to see if there's anyone else who may be attending and interested in giving a workshop with me? I'm going to submit a proposal on geoserver and perhaps geonetwork and udig, would be happy if someone were to present mapserver or any other user focused foundation project really...

Harlan Onsrud wrote:

Dear Chris,

We are currently in the process of soliciting proposals for workshop offerings at GSDI 9 in Santiago Chile. We will offer a small number of workshops on Wednesday afternoon November 8 from among which participants may choose. Participants will NOT be charged an additional fee to attend the workshops.

We would like to see a proposal from you that addresses some aspect of Open Source tools as applied to the development of spatial data infrastructure.

Because these sessions are advertised as workshops they should employ some form of active learning and participation by audience members rather than just lectures. If you need help on inserting some active exercises within your program, please feel free to give me a call or otherwise contact me.

Please see the attached for the information you need to supply in making your proposal. I would like to have your proposal by April 1 so that we can make a decision at that time on whether to solicit further proposals if needed.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. If you are NOT interested in making a proposal, please let me know that immediately.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best, Harlan

--
<cholmes.vcf>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: board-unsubscribe@board.osgeo.org
For additional commands, e-mail: board-help@board.osgeo.org

To unsubscribe, e-mail: board-unsubscribe@board.osgeo.org
For additional commands, e-mail: board-help@board.osgeo.org

------------------------------------------------------------------------