[pgrouting-dev] Bidirectional Integration bug

Hi Razequl,

I have been trying to integrate your bidirectional shortest path code. I have merged the code into my pgrouting branch "sew-devel-2_0", but it is crashing the back-end with a segv.

If you have time and want to look into this that would be great as I would like to get this code working in 2.0.

I'm not sure if I found a bug in your code or I broke something when I merged it, or for that matter that I even merged the correct code :slight_smile: because you sent email indicating that you fixed stuff. I merged the code from master at https://github.com/zibon/pgrouting

I also ran into an issue that when I merged you code into the code library, that the trsp broke, then take you code out and it works again. I assume that there is some kind of function name or global initialization issue. This does not seem to be an issue for trsp now that the bi-dir code is in a separate library.

This might give you a chance to get your development/test/debug environment setup and to familiarize yourself with the new source code layout.

Let me know if you have time and I'll help point the way. If you are tied up with class work, etc that clearly takes priority.

Thanks,
   -Steve

For PostgreSQL 9.1+ and PostGIS 2.0+ it is possible to denote the version of
PostGIS to test with.

I'm wondering if it would be too much work to have that as a variable that
can be set in the test script.

The reason I ask is right now I have multiple versions of PostGIS installed
on each pg version of the buildbot.

So to pick which one to use. If I do

CREATE EXTENSION postgis;

It ends up using the last version installed.

However I can be more explicit and say

CREATE EXTENSION postgis VERSION "2.0.3";

Or

CREATE EXTENSION postgis VERSION "2.1.0SVN";

So if we could pass that in as a variable, would make it much easier to test
against different versions of PostGIS.

On a slightly related note, I noticed the sew_2.0 is installing the
extension as 1.0.7. Shouldn't this be bumped to 2.0.0?

Thanks,
Regina

On 5/6/2013 5:17 PM, Paragon Corporation wrote:

For PostgreSQL 9.1+ and PostGIS 2.0+ it is possible to denote the version of
PostGIS to test with.

I'm wondering if it would be too much work to have that as a variable that
can be set in the test script.

The reason I ask is right now I have multiple versions of PostGIS installed
on each pg version of the buildbot.

So to pick which one to use. If I do

CREATE EXTENSION postgis;

It ends up using the last version installed.

However I can be more explicit and say

CREATE EXTENSION postgis VERSION "2.0.3";

Or

CREATE EXTENSION postgis VERSION "2.1.0SVN";

So if we could pass that in as a variable, would make it much easier to test
against different versions of PostGIS.

Ok, just checked in changes:

Usage: test-runner.pl -pgver vpg -pgisver vpgis -psql /path/to/psql
        -pgver vpg - postgresql version
        -pgisver vpgis - postgis version
        -psql /path/to/psql - optional path to psql
        -h - help

Yes it will eventually change just have not gotten to it. The current release is 1.05. I also have not done anything to support versioning in pgrouting releases yet. I'm about ready to start making changes to all the function signatures when I do that I'm update the version to '2.0.0DEV'.

-Steve

Yes it will eventually change just have not gotten to it. The current
release is 1.05. I also have not done anything to support versioning in
pgrouting releases yet. I'm about ready to start making changes to all the
function signatures when I do that I'm update the version to '2.0.0DEV'.

For the documentation I have added a CMake module to read the Git revision
name/hash
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/blob/sew-devel-2_0/CMakeLists.txt#L64

Maybe this would help to automate setting the version number. But I haven't
tried yet if this works with Git tags as well.

Daniel

--
Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl@georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de

to test against different versions of PostGIS.

Ok, just checked in changes:

Usage: test-runner.pl -pgver vpg -pgisver vpgis -psql /path/to/psql

> -pgver vpg - postgresql version
> -pgisver vpgis - postgis version
> -psql /path/to/psql - optional path to psql
> -h - help

Steve,

Can you quote the vpgis version. Version is alwaways supposted to be quoted
otherwise get the below error and everything fails regress.

LINE 1: create extension postgis VERSION 2.1.0SVN
                                          ^

ERROR: required extension "postgis" is not installed

Thanks,
Regina

Hi Steve,
I also want to have a look at the possible problem. I am trying to set up the environment on my machine. I have the previous version. What do I need to do to get 2.0 working? Should I set up the environment from the scratch or should an update will do. Please let me know how I should proceed. I can also do the debugging once I have the environment in place.

Thanks.

• Razequl
···

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 11:32 PM, Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri@swoodbridge.com> wrote:

Hi Razequl,

I have been trying to integrate your bidirectional shortest path code. I have merged the code into my pgrouting branch “sew-devel-2_0”, but it is crashing the back-end with a segv.

If you have time and want to look into this that would be great as I would like to get this code working in 2.0.

I’m not sure if I found a bug in your code or I broke something when I merged it, or for that matter that I even merged the correct code :slight_smile: because you sent email indicating that you fixed stuff. I merged the code from master at https://github.com/zibon/pgrouting

I also ran into an issue that when I merged you code into the code library, that the trsp broke, then take you code out and it works again. I assume that there is some kind of function name or global initialization issue. This does not seem to be an issue for trsp now that the bi-dir code is in a separate library.

This might give you a chance to get your development/test/debug environment setup and to familiarize yourself with the new source code layout.

Let me know if you have time and I’ll help point the way. If you are tied up with class work, etc that clearly takes priority.

Thanks,
-Steve

Hi Razequl,

The currently used branch is named “sew-devel-2_0” (we’re planning to rename it to “develop” some time).
You find all the necessary steps to compile explained on the Github readme:
https://github.com/pgrouting/pgrouting/tree/sew-devel-2_0

If you want to compile with support for “Driving Distance”, then you need to have CGAL libraries as dependency. GAUL dependency is gone.

Daniel

···

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Razequl Islam <ziboncsedu@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Steve,
I also want to have a look at the possible problem. I am trying to set up the environment on my machine. I have the previous version. What do I need to do to get 2.0 working? Should I set up the environment from the scratch or should an update will do. Please let me know how I should proceed. I can also do the debugging once I have the environment in place.

Thanks.

• Razequl

pgrouting-dev mailing list
pgrouting-dev@lists.osgeo.org
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pgrouting-dev

–

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 11:32 PM, Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri@swoodbridge.com> wrote:

Hi Razequl,

I have been trying to integrate your bidirectional shortest path code. I have merged the code into my pgrouting branch “sew-devel-2_0”, but it is crashing the back-end with a segv.

I’m not sure if I found a bug in your code or I broke something when I merged it, or for that matter that I even merged the correct code :slight_smile: because you sent email indicating that you fixed stuff. I merged the code from master at https://github.com/zibon/pgrouting

Let me know if you have time and I’ll help point the way. If you are tied up with class work, etc that clearly takes priority.

Thanks,
-Steve

Hi Daniel,
Thanks for the information. I am going through the given link and trying to set it up. I will let you know if I am finished or I encounter any problem. Thanks for your help.

• Razequl
···

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Daniel Kastl <daniel@georepublic.de> wrote:

Hi Razequl,

The currently used branch is named “sew-devel-2_0” (we’re planning to rename it to “develop” some time).

If you want to compile with support for “Driving Distance”, then you need to have CGAL libraries as dependency. GAUL dependency is gone.

Daniel

Hi Steve,

Thanks.

• Razequl

–

Hi Razequl,

Thanks,
-Steve

Hello all,

I am working on a bicycle routing project and converting from Open Trip Planner to pgRouting on both OSX and 64bit Ubuntu with PostgreSQL 9.1+. For me, the sew-revel-2_0 branch will build under ubuntu 12.10, but not on OSX 10.8 using dependencies installed through Homebrew.

Homebrew is certainly the best way I've found to install open-source tools on a mac, so I would like to help get pgRouting 2.0 installable that way. Homebrew tends to use quite current packages such as boost 1.53, however, but I see in tool/NOTES.txt that pgRouting requires boost 1.46.1? Since things build on Ubuntu using boost 1.49, I'm wondering if this still applies?

In either case, what's the best way for me to help get things running under OSX? Should I post errors I can't resolve to the list, and or is someone already working on this?

Best,
Conrad (Alec) Gosse, MUEP
Doctoral Candidate: Civil &
  Environmental Engineering
University of Virginia
Charlottesville, VA

On May 7, 2013, at 1:40 AM, Daniel Kastl <daniel@georepublic.de> wrote:

Hi Razequl,

The currently used branch is named "sew-devel-2_0" (we're planning to rename it to "develop" some time).

If you want to compile with support for "Driving Distance", then you need to have CGAL libraries as dependency. GAUL dependency is gone.

Daniel

Hi Steve,

Thanks.
- Razequl

Hi Razequl,

I have been trying to integrate your bidirectional shortest path code. I have merged the code into my pgrouting branch "sew-devel-2_0", but it is crashing the back-end with a segv.

I'm not sure if I found a bug in your code or I broke something when I merged it, or for that matter that I even merged the correct code :slight_smile: because you sent email indicating that you fixed stuff. I merged the code from master at https://github.com/zibon/pgrouting

Let me know if you have time and I'll help point the way. If you are tied up with class work, etc that clearly takes priority.

Thanks,
  -Steve

--

On 5/7/2013 1:35 AM, Razequl Islam wrote:

Hi Steve,
I also want to have a look at the possible problem. I am trying to set
up the environment on my machine. I have the previous version. What do I
need to do to get 2.0 working? Should I set up the environment from the
scratch or should an update will do. Please let me know how I should
proceed. I can also do the debugging once I have the environment in place.

If you have the old environment already there, then it should be as simple as:

mkdir work
cd work

# if you already have a fork it might be better to work with that
git clone git://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting.git

cd pgrouting
git checkout sew-devel-2_0
tools/doit
(cd build && sudo make install)

tools/test-runner.pl

tools/doit - a simple shell script to configure and compile. It creates a directory "build" and all the build atrifacts go into it.

tools/test-runner.pl - is a perl script the runs the automated tests in the database. If you have pg 9.1+ it assumes you can use "create extension " for both postgis and pgrouting. If you have pg <9.1 then it assumes you have already create a template_pgrouting database that has postgis installed in it.

Currently, I have db_* test disabled as they crash. you can run them manually with:

create a database with postgis and pgrouting installed in it say "test1"

# load the test data for dijkstra
psql -U postgres -h localhost -f src/bd_dijkstra/test/bd_dijkstra-any-00.data test1

# run a test(s) for dijkstra (test are 01-06)
psql -U postgres -h localhost -f src/bd_dijkstra/test/bd_dijkstra-any-01.test test1

# load the test data for astar
psql -U postgres -h localhost -f src/bd_astar/test/bd_astar-any-00.data test1

# run a test(s) for astar(test are 01-06)
psql -U postgres -h localhost -f src/bd_astar/test/bd_astar-any-01.test test1

I have run both your unit test files in "tester" directory and they run ok, So it has something to do with the integration.

Thanks,
   -Steve

Thanks.
- Razequl

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 11:32 PM, Stephen Woodbridge
<woodbri@swoodbridge.com <mailto:woodbri@swoodbridge.com>> wrote:

Hi Razequl,

I have been trying to integrate your bidirectional shortest path
    code. I have merged the code into my pgrouting branch
    "sew-devel-2_0", but it is crashing the back-end with a segv.

If you have time and want to look into this that would be great as I
    would like to get this code working in 2.0.

I'm not sure if I found a bug in your code or I broke something when
    I merged it, or for that matter that I even merged the correct code
    :) because you sent email indicating that you fixed stuff. I merged
    the code from master at https://github.com/zibon/__pgrouting
    <https://github.com/zibon/pgrouting&gt;

I also ran into an issue that when I merged you code into the code
    library, that the trsp broke, then take you code out and it works
    again. I assume that there is some kind of function name or global
    initialization issue. This does not seem to be an issue for trsp now
    that the bi-dir code is in a separate library.

This might give you a chance to get your development/test/debug
    environment setup and to familiarize yourself with the new source
    code layout.

Let me know if you have time and I'll help point the way. If you are
    tied up with class work, etc that clearly takes priority.

Thanks,
       -Steve

On 5/7/2013 10:27 AM, Alec Gosse wrote:

Hello all,

I am working on a bicycle routing project and converting from Open
Trip Planner to pgRouting on both OSX and 64bit Ubuntu with
PostgreSQL 9.1+. For me, the sew-revel-2_0 branch will build under
ubuntu 12.10, but not on OSX 10.8 using dependencies installed
through Homebrew.

Homebrew is certainly the best way I've found to install open-source
tools on a mac, so I would like to help get pgRouting 2.0 installable
that way. Homebrew tends to use quite current packages such as boost
1.53, however, but I see in tool/NOTES.txt that pgRouting requires
boost 1.46.1? Since things build on Ubuntu using boost 1.49, I'm
wondering if this still applies?

Well the required version is whatever you can get to work. I know there are some problems with 1.47, but those might be specific to that version.

In either case, what's the best way for me to help get things running
under OSX? Should I post errors I can't resolve to the list, and or
is someone already working on this?

Yes, We can try to help if we know what errors you are seeing. I'm not sure anyone here has OSX so you might need to take some initiative to figure things out. If you look at the CMakeLists.txt files that are sprinkled throughout the project tree, you will see that some of them have blocks like:

if(APPLE)
endif(APPLE)

maybe we don't have these setup correctly or maybe some are missing that need to be added. It would be great if you can help with this.

Thanks,
   -Steve

Best, Conrad (Alec) Gosse, MUEP Doctoral Candidate: Civil &
Environmental Engineering University of Virginia Charlottesville, VA

On May 7, 2013, at 1:40 AM, Daniel Kastl <daniel@georepublic.de>
wrote:

Hi Razequl,

The currently used branch is named "sew-devel-2_0" (we're planning
to rename it to "develop" some time). You find all the necessary
steps to compile explained on the Github readme:

If you want to compile with support for "Driving Distance", then
you need to have CGAL libraries as dependency. GAUL dependency is
gone.

Daniel

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Razequl Islam
<ziboncsedu@gmail.com> wrote: Hi Steve, I also want to have a look
at the possible problem. I am trying to set up the environment on
my machine. I have the previous version. What do I need to do to
get 2.0 working? Should I set up the environment from the scratch
or should an update will do. Please let me know how I should
proceed. I can also do the debugging once I have the environment in
place.

Thanks. - Razequl

<woodbri@swoodbridge.com> wrote: Hi Razequl,

If you have time and want to look into this that would be great as
I would like to get this code working in 2.0.

I'm not sure if I found a bug in your code or I broke something
when I merged it, or for that matter that I even merged the correct
code :slight_smile: because you sent email indicating that you fixed stuff. I
merged the code from master at https://github.com/zibon/pgrouting

initialization issue. This does not seem to be an issue for trsp
now that the bi-dir code is in a separate library.

code layout.

Let me know if you have time and I'll help point the way. If you
are tied up with class work, etc that clearly takes priority.

Thanks, -Steve

_______________________________________________ pgrouting-dev
mailing list pgrouting-dev@lists.osgeo.org

-- Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan eMail:
daniel.kastl@georepublic.de Web: http://georepublic.de

_______________________________________________ pgrouting-dev mailing
list pgrouting-dev@lists.osgeo.org

Hi Alec, Stephen,

About 1 month ago, I tried Mac ports build in my private branch(“macports”) which is based on “sew-revel-2_0”,
and confirmed that it can build with Mac OSX 10.8(Mountain Lion).
https://github.com/sanak/pgrouting4w/commit/7291a7b6be3bd37c9e507048bfe3ba0fcf0c5c6e

Now, I am busy for other task, but, I will check and test it in this weekend.

···

2013/5/8 Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri@swoodbridge.com>

Hello all,

through Homebrew.

Homebrew is certainly the best way I’ve found to install open-source
tools on a mac, so I would like to help get pgRouting 2.0 installable
boost 1.46.1? Since things build on Ubuntu using boost 1.49, I’m

Well the required version is whatever you can get to work. I know there are some problems with 1.47, but those might be specific to that version.

In either case, what’s the best way for me to help get things running
under OSX? Should I post errors I can’t resolve to the list, and or

Yes, We can try to help if we know what errors you are seeing. I’m not sure anyone here has OSX so you might need to take some initiative to figure things out. If you look at the CMakeLists.txt files that are sprinkled throughout the project tree, you will see that some of them have blocks like:

if(APPLE)
…
endif(APPLE)

maybe we don’t have these setup correctly or maybe some are missing that need to be added. It would be great if you can help with this.

Thanks,
-Steve

On May 7, 2013, at 1:40 AM, Daniel Kastl <daniel@georepublic.de>
wrote:

Hi Razequl,

The currently used branch is named “sew-devel-2_0” (we’re planning
to rename it to “develop” some time). You find all the necessary

If you want to compile with support for “Driving Distance”, then
you need to have CGAL libraries as dependency. GAUL dependency is
gone.

Daniel

<ziboncsedu@gmail.com> wrote: Hi Steve, I also want to have a look
at the possible problem. I am trying to set up the environment on
get 2.0 working? Should I set up the environment from the scratch
proceed. I can also do the debugging once I have the environment in
place.

Thanks. - Razequl

<woodbri@swoodbridge.com> wrote: Hi Razequl,

“sew-devel-2_0”, but it is crashing the back-end with a segv.

If you have time and want to look into this that would be great as

I’m not sure if I found a bug in your code or I broke something
when I merged it, or for that matter that I even merged the correct
code :slight_smile: because you sent email indicating that you fixed stuff. I
merged the code from master at https://github.com/zibon/pgrouting

code layout.

Let me know if you have time and I’ll help point the way. If you

Thanks, -Steve

– Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan eMail:
daniel.kastl@georepublic.de Web: http://georepublic.de

Hi sanak,

I looked at your changes below, and they do not seem to be based on my branch "sew-devel-2_0". The quick tell is that my source starts at "src/" and not "core/" as your changes reflect.

For linux I compile, install and test using:

tools/doit
(cd build; sudo make install)
tools/testrunner.pl

In the C/C++ code you should be able to use:

#ifdef __APPLE__
#else
#endif

and in cmake you can use:

if(APPLE)
else(APPLE)
endif(APPLE)

Can you also post what the results of:

echo | g++ -dM -E -

when run on OSX.

No hurray, when you can get to it, this weekend is fine.

Thanks,
   -Steve

On 5/7/2013 6:05 PM, sanak wrote:

Hi Alec, Stephen,

About 1 month ago, I tried Mac ports build in my private
branch("macports") which is based on "sew-revel-2_0",
https://github.com/sanak/pgrouting4w/commit/7291a7b6be3bd37c9e507048bfe3ba0fcf0c5c6e

Now, I am busy for other task, but, I will check and test it in this
weekend.

2013/5/8 Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri@swoodbridge.com
<mailto:woodbri@swoodbridge.com>>

Hello all,

through Homebrew.

tools on a mac, so I would like to help get pgRouting 2.0
        installable

Well the required version is whatever you can get to work. I know
    there are some problems with 1.47, but those might be specific to
    that version.

In either case, what's the best way for me to help get things
        running

Yes, We can try to help if we know what errors you are seeing. I'm
    not sure anyone here has OSX so you might need to take some
    initiative to figure things out. If you look at the CMakeLists.txt
    files that are sprinkled throughout the project tree, you will see
    that some of them have blocks like:

if(APPLE)
    endif(APPLE)

maybe we don't have these setup correctly or maybe some are missing
    that need to be added. It would be great if you can help with this.

Thanks,
       -Steve

On May 7, 2013, at 1:40 AM, Daniel Kastl <daniel@georepublic.de
        <mailto:daniel@georepublic.de>>
        wrote:

Hi Razequl,

The currently used branch is named "sew-devel-2_0" (we're
            planning
            https://github.com/pgrouting/__pgrouting/tree/sew-devel-2_0
            <https://github.com/pgrouting/pgrouting/tree/sew-devel-2_0&gt;

you need to have CGAL libraries as dependency. GAUL
            dependency is
            gone.

Daniel

<ziboncsedu@gmail.com <mailto:ziboncsedu@gmail.com>> wrote:
            Hi Steve, I also want to have a look
            at the possible problem. I am trying to set up the
            environment on
            get 2.0 working? Should I set up the environment from the
            scratch
            proceed. I can also do the debugging once I have the
            environment in
            place.

Thanks. - Razequl

<woodbri@swoodbridge.com <mailto:woodbri@swoodbridge.com>>
            wrote: Hi Razequl,

If you have time and want to look into this that would be
            great as

when I merged it, or for that matter that I even merged the
            correct
            code :slight_smile: because you sent email indicating that you fixed
            stuff. I
            merged the code from master at
            https://github.com/zibon/__pgrouting

I also ran into an issue that when I merged you code into
            the code
            library, that the trsp broke, then take you code out and it
            works
            again. I assume that there is some kind of function name or
            global

environment setup and to familiarize yourself with the new
            source
            code layout.

Thanks, -Steve

_________________________________________________ pgrouting-dev
            <mailto:pgrouting-dev@lists.osgeo.org>
            http://lists.osgeo.org/__mailman/listinfo/pgrouting-dev
            <http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pgrouting-dev&gt;

daniel.kastl@georepublic.de
            <mailto:daniel.kastl@georepublic.de> Web: http://georepublic.de

mailing

Hello,

Based on Sanak's changes, I think I've gotten it sorted out. The two primary problems were first, that some of the libraries weren't using the library type variable and were getting the compile flags mixed up between dynamiclibs and osx bundles. The second was that code like this:
property_map<graph_t, edge_weight_t>::type weightmap = get(edge_weight, graph);
needed to be commented out in boost-related files. I don't know what this does, but I've been commenting it based on Sanak's changes, and it at least compiles.

How do I go about contributing these edits once I get it all working?

Best,
Alec

On May 8, 2013, at 11:55 AM, Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri@swoodbridge.com> wrote:

Hi sanak,

I looked at your changes below, and they do not seem to be based on my branch "sew-devel-2_0". The quick tell is that my source starts at "src/" and not "core/" as your changes reflect.

tools/doit
tools/testrunner.pl

#ifdef __APPLE__
#else
#endif

if(APPLE)
else(APPLE)
endif(APPLE)

echo | g++ -dM -E -

when run on OSX.

Thanks,
-Steve

Hi Alec, Stephen,

branch("macports") which is based on "sew-revel-2_0",

weekend.

Hello all,

through Homebrew.

tools on a mac, so I would like to help get pgRouting 2.0
       installable

Well the required version is whatever you can get to work. I know
   there are some problems with 1.47, but those might be specific to
   that version.

running

Yes, We can try to help if we know what errors you are seeing. I'm
   not sure anyone here has OSX so you might need to take some
   initiative to figure things out. If you look at the CMakeLists.txt
   files that are sprinkled throughout the project tree, you will see
   that some of them have blocks like:

if(APPLE)
   endif(APPLE)

maybe we don't have these setup correctly or maybe some are missing
   that need to be added. It would be great if you can help with this.

Thanks,
      -Steve

<mailto:daniel@georepublic.de>>
       wrote:

Hi Razequl,

planning

you need to have CGAL libraries as dependency. GAUL
           dependency is
           gone.

Daniel

<ziboncsedu@gmail.com <mailto:ziboncsedu@gmail.com>> wrote:
           Hi Steve, I also want to have a look
           at the possible problem. I am trying to set up the
           environment on
           get 2.0 working? Should I set up the environment from the
           scratch
           proceed. I can also do the debugging once I have the
           environment in
           place.

Thanks. - Razequl

<woodbri@swoodbridge.com <mailto:woodbri@swoodbridge.com>>
           wrote: Hi Razequl,

If you have time and want to look into this that would be
           great as

correct
           code :slight_smile: because you sent email indicating that you fixed
           stuff. I
           merged the code from master at

I also ran into an issue that when I merged you code into
           the code
           library, that the trsp broke, then take you code out and it
           works
           again. I assume that there is some kind of function name or
           global

source
           code layout.

Thanks, -Steve

daniel.kastl@georepublic.de
           <mailto:daniel.kastl@georepublic.de> Web: http://georepublic.de

mailing

On 5/8/2013 12:23 PM, Alec Gosse wrote:

Hello,

Based on Sanak's changes, I think I've gotten it sorted out. The two
primary problems were first, that some of the libraries weren't using
the library type variable and were getting the compile flags mixed up
between dynamiclibs and osx bundles. The second was that code like
this: property_map<graph_t, edge_weight_t>::type weightmap =
get(edge_weight, graph); needed to be commented out in boost-related
files. I don't know what this does, but I've been commenting it based
on Sanak's changes, and it at least compiles.

How do I go about contributing these edits once I get it all
working?

Best way, is to fork the pgrouting respository, make your changes there and issue a pull request so we can merge your changes.

If there are not too many changes, you could do something like:

git diff > mychanges-diff.txt

And open a ticket and attache the diff file to the ticket.

-Steve

Best, Alec

On May 8, 2013, at 11:55 AM, Stephen Woodbridge
<woodbri@swoodbridge.com> wrote:

Hi sanak,

I looked at your changes below, and they do not seem to be based on
my branch "sew-devel-2_0". The quick tell is that my source starts
at "src/" and not "core/" as your changes reflect.

tools/doit (cd build; sudo make install) tools/testrunner.pl

#ifdef __APPLE__ ... #else ... #endif

if(APPLE) ... else(APPLE) ... endif(APPLE)

echo | g++ -dM -E -

when run on OSX.

Thanks, -Steve

Hi Alec, Stephen,

branch("macports") which is based on "sew-revel-2_0", and
confirmed that it can build with Mac OSX 10.8(Mountain Lion).

weekend.

Hello all,

I am working on a bicycle routing project and converting from
Open Trip Planner to pgRouting on both OSX and 64bit Ubuntu with
PostgreSQL 9.1+. For me, the sew-revel-2_0 branch will build
under ubuntu 12.10, but not on OSX 10.8 using dependencies
installed through Homebrew.

Homebrew is certainly the best way I've found to install
open-source tools on a mac, so I would like to help get pgRouting
2.0 installable that way. Homebrew tends to use quite current
packages such as boost 1.53, however, but I see in tool/NOTES.txt
that pgRouting requires boost 1.46.1? Since things build on
Ubuntu using boost 1.49, I'm wondering if this still applies?

Well the required version is whatever you can get to work. I
know there are some problems with 1.47, but those might be
specific to that version.

running under OSX? Should I post errors I can't resolve to the
list, and or is someone already working on this?

Yes, We can try to help if we know what errors you are seeing.
I'm not sure anyone here has OSX so you might need to take some
initiative to figure things out. If you look at the
CMakeLists.txt files that are sprinkled throughout the project
tree, you will see that some of them have blocks like:

if(APPLE) ... endif(APPLE)

maybe we don't have these setup correctly or maybe some are
missing that need to be added. It would be great if you can help
with this.

Thanks, -Steve

Environmental Engineering University of Virginia Charlottesville,
VA

<mailto:daniel@georepublic.de>> wrote:

Hi Razequl,

planning to rename it to "develop" some time). You find all the
necessary steps to compile explained on the Github readme:

you need to have CGAL libraries as dependency. GAUL dependency
is gone.

Daniel

<ziboncsedu@gmail.com <mailto:ziboncsedu@gmail.com>> wrote: Hi
Steve, I also want to have a look at the possible problem. I am
trying to set up the environment on my machine. I have the
previous version. What do I need to do to get 2.0 working? Should
I set up the environment from the scratch or should an update
will do. Please let me know how I should proceed. I can also do
the debugging once I have the environment in place.

Thanks. - Razequl

Hi Razequl,

If you have time and want to look into this that would be great
as I would like to get this code working in 2.0.

correct code :slight_smile: because you sent email indicating that you fixed
stuff. I merged the code from master at

I also ran into an issue that when I merged you code into the
code library, that the trsp broke, then take you code out and it
works again. I assume that there is some kind of function name
or global initialization issue. This does not seem to be an issue
for trsp now that the bi-dir code is in a separate library.

source code layout.

Thanks, -Steve

daniel.kastl@georepublic.de <mailto:daniel.kastl@georepublic.de>

working?

Best way, is to fork the pgrouting respository, make your changes there
and issue a pull request so we can merge your changes.

For sure this would be easiest and best solution.

I think Github doesn't allow to attach files to tickets (just looked for
it last week), but an alternative would be to use Gist:
https://gist.github.com/

Nevertheless, to fork the repository and then submit a pull request would
be better:
https://help.github.com/articles/using-pull-requests

Daniel

-Steve

Best, Alec

Hi sanak,

echo | g++ -dM -E -

when run on OSX.

Thanks, -Steve

Hi Alec, Stephen,

https://github.com/sanak/**pgrouting4w/commit/**
7291a7b6be3bd37c9e507048bfe3ba**0fcf0c5c6e<https://github.com/sanak/pgrouting4w/commit/7291a7b6be3bd37c9e507048bfe3ba0fcf0c5c6e&gt;

weekend.

<mailto:woodbri@swoodbridge.**com <woodbri@swoodbridge.com>>>

Hello all,

with this.

Thanks, -Steve

VA

<mailto:daniel@georepublic.de>**> wrote:

Hi Razequl,

https://github.com/pgrouting/_**_pgrouting/tree/sew-devel-2_0&lt;https://github.com/pgrouting/__pgrouting/tree/sew-devel-2_0&gt;
<https://github.com/pgrouting/**pgrouting/tree/sew-devel-2_0&lt;https://github.com/pgrouting/pgrouting/tree/sew-devel-2_0&gt;
>

is gone.

Daniel

Thanks. - Razequl

<woodbri@swoodbridge.com <mailto:woodbri@swoodbridge.**com<woodbri@swoodbridge.com>>>
wrote:
Hi Razequl,

https://github.com/zibon/__**pgrouting&lt;https://github.com/zibon/__pgrouting&gt;
<https://github.com/zibon/**pgrouting&lt;https://github.com/zibon/pgrouting&gt;
>

source code layout.

Thanks, -Steve

______________________________**___________________ pgrouting-dev
<mailto:pgrouting-dev@lists.**osgeo.org <pgrouting-dev@lists.osgeo.org>
>
http://lists.osgeo.org/__**mailman/listinfo/pgrouting-dev&lt;http://lists.osgeo.org/__mailman/listinfo/pgrouting-dev&gt;
<http://lists.osgeo.org/**mailman/listinfo/pgrouting-dev&lt;http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pgrouting-dev&gt;
**>

daniel.kastl@georepublic.de <mailto:daniel.kastl@**georepublic.de<daniel.kastl@georepublic.de>
>
>
http://lists.osgeo.org/__**mailman/listinfo/pgrouting-dev&lt;http://lists.osgeo.org/__mailman/listinfo/pgrouting-dev&gt;
<http://lists.osgeo.org/**mailman/listinfo/pgrouting-dev&lt;http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pgrouting-dev&gt;
**>

>
**>

>
**>

______________________________**_________________ pgrouting-dev
http://lists.osgeo.org/**mailman/listinfo/pgrouting-dev&lt;http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pgrouting-dev&gt;

______________________________**_________________ pgrouting-dev
http://lists.osgeo.org/**mailman/listinfo/pgrouting-dev&lt;http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pgrouting-dev&gt;

______________________________**_________________ pgrouting-dev mailing

______________________________**_________________

--

Thank you all for your guidance. I've submitted a pull request for my changes. As I noted in the text of the request, librouting_tsp and librouting_ksp are being built as static rather than dynamic libraries, so make install fails since they have the extension .a rather than .so. Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.

The only other trouble I've run across is a very long list of warnings like this while compiling:
/usr/local/src/pgrouting/src/driving_distance/src/drivedist.c:220:34: warning: use of GNU old-style field designator extension [-Wgnu-designator]
  edge_columns_t edge_columns = {id: -1, source: -1, target: -1,

Best,
Alec

On May 8, 2013, at 1:15 PM, Daniel Kastl <daniel@georepublic.de> wrote:

working?

Best way, is to fork the pgrouting respository, make your changes there and issue a pull request so we can merge your changes.

For sure this would be easiest and best solution.

I think Github doesn't allow to attach files to tickets (just looked for it last week), but an alternative would be to use Gist: https://gist.github.com/

Nevertheless, to fork the repository and then submit a pull request would be better:
https://help.github.com/articles/using-pull-requests

Daniel

-Steve

Best, Alec

Hi sanak,

echo | g++ -dM -E -

when run on OSX.

Thanks, -Steve

Hi Alec, Stephen,

weekend.

Hello all,

with this.

Thanks, -Steve

VA

<mailto:daniel@georepublic.de>> wrote:

Hi Razequl,

is gone.

Daniel

Thanks. - Razequl

Hi Razequl,

source code layout.

Thanks, -Steve

daniel.kastl@georepublic.de <mailto:daniel.kastl@georepublic.de>

--

Hi Stephen,

···

2013/5/9 Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri@swoodbridge.com>

I looked at your changes below, and they do not seem to be based on my branch “sew-devel-2_0”. The quick tell is that my source starts at “src/” and not “core/” as your changes reflect.

Oh, sorry.
Thanks for notice.

tools/doit
tools/testrunner.pl

#ifdef APPLE
…
#else
…
#endif

if(APPLE)
…
else(APPLE)
…
endif(APPLE)

echo | g++ -dM -E -

when run on OSX.

Okay, thanks for detail.

Regards,

Hi Alec,

Thanks for your pull request!

···

2013/5/9 Alec Gosse <alec@thegosses.com>

Thank you all for your guidance. I’ve submitted a pull request for my changes. As I noted in the text of the request, librouting_tsp and librouting_ksp are being built as static rather than dynamic libraries, so make install fails since they have the extension .a rather than .so. Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.

The only other trouble I’ve run across is a very long list of warnings like this while compiling:
/usr/local/src/pgrouting/src/driving_distance/src/drivedist.c:220:34: warning: use of GNU old-style field designator extension [-Wgnu-designator]

I guess that above warning cause is Clang(LLVM)'s g++ compatibility,
so, more custom CMake settings may be necessary.
I will check about it in this weekend (or later).

Thanks,
Sanak

On 5/8/2013 7:49 PM, sanak wrote:

Hi Alec,

Thanks for your pull request!

I'm merging the pull request and will push it shortly.

I have one question, does anyone know what the commented out code is supposed to do? IE: why is there in the first place? Commenting it out seems to be OK on Linux.

I google about but could not find an answer regarding why its there and I don't know C++. I suppose I could ask on the boost list if no one knows.

2013/5/9 Alec Gosse <alec@thegosses.com <mailto:alec@thegosses.com>>

Thank you all for your guidance. I've submitted a pull request for
    my changes. As I noted in the text of the request, librouting_tsp
    and librouting_ksp are being built as static rather than dynamic
    libraries, so make install fails since they have the extension .a
    rather than .so. Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.

The only other trouble I've run across is a very long list of
    warnings like this while compiling:
    /usr/local/src/pgrouting/src/driving_distance/src/drivedist.c:220:34: warning:
    use of GNU old-style field designator extension [-Wgnu-designator]

Before we #ifdef about this, it seems that there might be a better way to do this initialization, ie: NOT using the GNU old-style field designator extension but rather an ANSI C way of doing this.

I'll take a stab at it but if anyone knows how to change these please do a pull request.

Hi Alec,

So your pull request is generating *.a and not *.so, is this correct?

Thanks,
   -Steve

I guess that above warning cause is Clang(LLVM)'s g++ compatibility,
so, more custom CMake settings may be necessary.
I will check about it in this weekend (or later).

Thanks,
Sanak