[pgrouting-dev] Framework which supports addition of contraction techniques for pgRouting - Weekly Report #4

Hi all,

I am working on the implementation of a framework which supports addition of contraction techniques for pgRouting for the GsoC 2016. This is my fourth report.

My initial plan

• Analysis of dead end contraction.

• Analysis of linear contraction.

What did I do this week?

• Discussion with the mentor about the dead end and linear contraction on 16/06/2016 and 14/06/2016.

• Added more functionality to the identifiers class.

• Added more functionality to the contraction graph class.

• Identified that the dead end and linear contraction conditions are different for directed and undirected graphs with the help of hand drawings.

• Modification and addition of conditions for dead end contraction.

• Modification and addition of conditions for linear contraction.

• Wrote demo sql file to display the contraction results of dead end contraction.

• Wrote demo sql file to display the contraction results of linear contraction.

• Modified the output of contraction query by only returning the changes due to contraction.

• Completed reading a paper on graph contraction given by mentor Vicky Vergara.

What will I be working on next week?

• Adding extra conditions of dead end and linear contraction for an undirected graph.
  • Writing tests for dead end and linear contraction for an undirected graph.
  • Design the structures and functions for the framework.

Did I meet with any stumbling blocks?

• I had a problem in figuring out some conditions for dead end and linear contraction. After discussion with my mentor, my issue was resolved.

• At the moment I’m not blocked.

Below is the link to the branch I am working on
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/tree/gsoc-ch

Below is the link to my wiki page
https://github.com/sankepallyrohithreddy/pgrouting/wiki/GSoc-2016-Contraction

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
Rohith Reddy
Lab for Spatial Informatics
International Institute of Information Technology
Hyderabad, India.