[pgrouting-users] The process for giving modified code back to the pgRouting project

All,

I'm about 75% done with making changes (hopefully improvements) to the core_sp_smart.sql functions from the sandbox, and wanted to know if there is a formal process for submitting these changes for those who don't have commit status to the repository.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thank you very much for your offer to contribute to the project!

At the moment there is no official policy about SVN write access and getting access at least to sandbox should be possible for everyone, who’s interested to participate in my opinion. But because pgRouting SVN repository is currently on the" waiting list" to move to OSGeo servers, I would like to wait a bit, because this will also change usernames and passwords. Also I sent them a current dump of the repository already, so if possible I would like to have this migration finished first.

Until then it’s probably best to create a ticket and attach a diff file. Would that work for you?

Daniel

2010/7/24 Dan Putler <putler@yahoo.com>

All,

I’m about 75% done with making changes (hopefully improvements) to the core_sp_smart.sql functions from the sandbox, and wanted to know if there is a formal process for submitting these changes for those who don’t have commit status to the repository.

Dan

Pgrouting-users mailing list
Pgrouting-users@lists.osgeo.org
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pgrouting-users

Hi Daniel,

That works for me.

Dan

— On Fri, 7/23/10, Daniel Kastl daniel.kastl@georepublic.de wrote:

> From: Daniel Kastl daniel.kastl@georepublic.de
> Subject: Re: [pgrouting-users] The process for giving modified code back to the pgRouting project
> To: “Dan Putler” putler@yahoo.com
> Cc: pgrouting-users@lists.osgeo.org
> Received: Friday, July 23, 2010, 4:28 PM
>
> Hi Dan,
>
> Thank you very much for your offer to contribute to the project!
>
> At the moment there is no official policy about SVN write access and getting access at least to sandbox should be possible for everyone, who’s interested to participate in my opinion. But because pgRouting SVN repository is currently on the" waiting list" to move to OSGeo servers, I would like to wait a bit, because this will also change usernames and passwords. Also I sent them a current dump of the repository already, so if possible I would like to have this migration finished first.
>
> Until then it’s probably best to create a ticket and attach a diff file. Would that work for you?
>
> Daniel
>
> 2010/7/24 Dan Putler putler@yahoo.com
>
> > All,
> >
> > I’m about 75% done with making changes (hopefully improvements) to the core_sp_smart.sql functions from the sandbox, and wanted to know if there is a formal process for submitting these changes for those who don’t have commit status to the repository.
> >
> > Dan
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Pgrouting-users mailing list
> > Pgrouting-users@lists.osgeo.org
> > http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pgrouting-users