[SAC] Awstats install

Hi all,
Could someone install awstats on the osgeo1 server? Or should it be installed on the telascience download server where awstats is already running? I can help with this on the osgeo1 server if everyone agrees to pursue it.

Tyler

Hi,
I can do it. I have installed it on osgeo download server earlier.
Which is this osgeo1 server exactly? If i have access i can start work.

bye

On 5/28/07, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) <tmitchell@osgeo.org> wrote:

Hi all,
Could someone install awstats on the osgeo1 server? Or should it be
installed on the telascience download server where awstats is already
running? I can help with this on the osgeo1 server if everyone
agrees to pursue it.

Tyler

Sac mailing list
Sac@lists.osgeo.org
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/sac

Swapnil Hajare

Hi,
I have login on main osgeo server. But I dont have sudo rights. Can I get those so that I can proceed with the installation of awstats on it? I would also like to know if we have all rpm packages somewhere on server.

regards,

On 5/29/07, Swapnil Hajare <dreamil@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

bye

Hi all,
agrees to pursue it.

Tyler

Sac mailing list
Sac@lists.osgeo.org

Swapnil Hajare

Swapnil Hajare

Is there any chance that we could install the stats package on the secondary server, accessing the logs through NFS (or something similar)?

Log processing can be pretty cpu-intensive.

Jason

From: sac-bounces@lists.osgeo.org [mailto:sac-bounces@lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Swapnil Hajare
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2007 23:40
To: System Administration Committee Discussion/OSGeo
Subject: Re: [SAC] Awstats install

Hi,
I have login on main osgeo server. But I dont have sudo rights. Can I get those so that I can proceed with the installation of awstats on it? I would also like to know if we have all rpm packages somewhere on server.

regards,

Hi,

bye

Hi all,
agrees to pursue it.

Tyler

Sac mailing list
Sac@lists.osgeo.org

Swapnil Hajare

Swapnil Hajare

Ok
I never did this but can try. The secondary server you are referring to is download server, right?
We have awstats installed on download server. We need to configure a NFS share on main server which can then be mounted on secondary server. Is NFS already configured on main server or it needs to be configured?

regards,

On 5/29/07, Jason Birch <Jason.Birch@nanaimo.ca> wrote:

Is there any chance that we could install the stats package on the secondary server, accessing the logs through NFS (or something similar)?

Jason

From: sac-bounces@lists.osgeo.org [mailto:sac-bounces@lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Swapnil Hajare

Hi,

regards,

Hi,

bye

Hi all,
agrees to pursue it.

Tyler

Sac mailing list
Sac@lists.osgeo.org

Swapnil Hajare

Swapnil Hajare

Sac mailing list
Sac@lists.osgeo.org

Swapnil Hajare

The secondary server that I’m referring to is the test server at Peer1. We have two decent servers there, and the second one is pretty under-utilized.

An alternative to NFS would be to rsync the logs to the secondary server on a nightly basis.

Jason

Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 08:38

Ok
I never did this but can try. The secondary server you are referring to is download server, right?
We have awstats installed on download server. We need to configure a NFS share on main server which can then be mounted on secondary server. Is NFS already configured on main server or it needs to be configured?

regards,

Jason

Hi,

regards,

Hi,

bye

Hi all,
agrees to pursue it.

Tyler

Sac mailing list
Sac@lists.osgeo.org

Swapnil Hajare

Swapnil Hajare

Sac mailing list
Sac@lists.osgeo.org

Swapnil Hajare

On 29-May-07, at 8:16 AM, Jason Birch wrote:

What about if it only processes apache logs once a night? On my PC it takes about 5 seconds to process the logs for one day from www.osgeo.org.

That’s not a bad processing time :slight_smile: The logs from one of my hobby sites take considerably longer than that, at high load.

I’m still concerned about adding more applications to the main server, and beginning to wonder if we actually need a second server at Peer1, or if we could get along with a single server, and test instances set up elsewhere. The initial intention when we were scoping these servers was to balance the load across them, with cross-backups so that either could replace the other relatively easily.

If we’re only using it as a place to play around with Drupal, I don’t really see the value.

Jason

From: sac-bounces@lists.osgeo.org [mailto:sac-bounces@lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)

What about if it only processes apache logs once a night? On my PC it takes about 5 seconds to process the logs for one day from www.osgeo.org.

So what to do?
NFS or rsync?

That’s not a bad processing time :slight_smile: The logs from one of my hobby sites take considerably longer than that, at high load.

I’m still concerned about adding more applications to the main server, and beginning to wonder if we actually need a second server at Peer1, or if we could get along with a single server, and test instances set up elsewhere. The initial intention when we were scoping these servers was to balance the load across them, with cross-backups so that either could replace the other relatively easily.

If we’re only using it as a place to play around with Drupal, I don’t really see the value.

Jason

From: sac-bounces@lists.osgeo.org [mailto:sac-bounces@lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)

Sac mailing list
Sac@lists.osgeo.org

Swapnil Hajare