[SAC] New form submission Contact

Hi,

I am adding OSGeo SysAdmin group in CC just in case there is a problem with mailing list subscriptions.

Regards,
Angelos

On 8/4/20 9:26 PM, Kavitha K wrote:

Hi Angelos,

Thanks alot for your quick response :slight_smile: .

we need to know whether gdal binaries are supported with "Elf file type is
DYN".
if "Elf file type is DYN" supported, where do we get those binaries? or
the build steps to get those binaries.

I have tried to subscribe to it in
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/gdal-dev as well as sending the
mail to gdal-dev@lists.osgeo.org.
I tried it in multiple ways. There is no luck on it.

I tried to reach the gdal mailing list.. I tried to subscribe. But it is
not subscribed

I tried to send the mail to discuss-owner@lists.osgeo.org ,
india-discuss-owner@lists.osgeo.org. but it got rejected.

india-discuss-owner@lists.osgeo.org

5:48 PM (1 hour ago)

to me

Your message has been rejected, probably because you are not
subscribed to the mailing list and the list's policy is to prohibit
non-members from posting to it. If you think that your messages are
being rejected in error, contact the mailing list owner at
india-discuss-owner@lists.osgeo.org.

Thanks,

Kavitha

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 3:03 PM Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi,

Please join the GDAL mailing list to ask for support.
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/gdal-dev

Regards,
Angelos

On 8/3/20 7:06 PM, Kavitha wrote:

*Your full name*
       Kavitha
*Your e-mail address*
       kmskavi@gmail.com <mailto:kmskavi@gmail.com>
*Your postal address*
       Chennai
*Subject*
       reg gdal build with ASLR flag "-Fpie -pie-fPIC", missing with Elf

filetype as DYN

*Category*
       Technical Problem
*Message*
       Hi All,

We are trying to compile the gdal 2.3.2 source with ASLR . But we are

seeing the

Elf file type as EXEC (Executable file) instead DYN.

Please help us whether gdal build is supported the compilation with

"-Fpie -pie

-fPIC".

Steps which we followed:

cp gdalDevKits/gdal-2.3.2.tar.gz .

tar -xvf gdal-2.3.2.tar.gz

cd gdal-2.3.2

env CFLAGS="-Fpie -pie -fPIC" ./configure

make install

cd /usr/local/bin

readelf -l gdaltransform

Elf file type is EXEC (Executable file)

Entry point 0x40

Thanks,

Kavitha

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
President
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
President
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Dear all,

The deegree project would like to move all build and release artifacts
from our own project's Nexus repo.deegree.org to the OSGeo Maven
repository if feasible. Our question is what needs to be done from our
side to get access? And if it would be possible to import artifacts
required to build deegree too?

More information is documented in issue #1075 [1].

Kind regards,

Torsten

[1] https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/issues/1075

First step would be to put in a trac ticket requesting the access

https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo

I'm not sure the details of how geoserver was set up as Jody did that. But I'm sure he can help out or at least give guidance with migrating the repos.

You should already be able to log into to

https://repo.osgeo.org

with your OSGeo LDAP account, but will have limited rights.
Thanks,
Regina

-----Original Message-----
From: Sac [mailto:sac-bounces@lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Torsten Friebe
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2020 4:18 AM
To: sac@lists.osgeo.org
Cc: psc@deegree.org; tmc@deegree.org; deegree-
devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [SAC] Maven repository for deegree artifacts

Dear all,

The deegree project would like to move all build and release artifacts from
our own project's Nexus repo.deegree.org to the OSGeo Maven repository if
feasible. Our question is what needs to be done from our side to get access?
And if it would be possible to import artifacts required to build deegree too?

More information is documented in issue #1075 [1].

Kind regards,

Torsten

[1] https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/issues/1075

_______________________________________________
Sac mailing list
Sac@lists.osgeo.org
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/sac

Thanks for the quick response. I've created ticket
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2498.

If it would help, I can offer to support the SAC team to configure and
setup Nexus. During the last years I did the administration of Nexus
for the deegree project and learned a little bit about the software.
Kind regards,
Torsten

On 18.08.20 02:40, Regina Obe wrote:

First step would be to put in a trac ticket requesting the access

https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo

I'm not sure the details of how geoserver was set up as Jody did that. But I'm sure he can help out or at least give guidance with migrating the repos.

You should already be able to log into to

https://repo.osgeo.org

with your OSGeo LDAP account, but will have limited rights.
Thanks,
Regina

-----Original Message-----
From: Sac [mailto:sac-bounces@lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Torsten Friebe
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2020 4:18 AM
To: sac@lists.osgeo.org
Cc: psc@deegree.org; tmc@deegree.org; deegree-
devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [SAC] Maven repository for deegree artifacts

Dear all,

The deegree project would like to move all build and release artifacts from
our own project's Nexus repo.deegree.org to the OSGeo Maven repository if
feasible. Our question is what needs to be done from our side to get access?
And if it would be possible to import artifacts required to build deegree too?

More information is documented in issue #1075 [1].

Kind regards,

Torsten

[1] https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/issues/1075

_______________________________________________
Sac mailing list
Sac@lists.osgeo.org
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/sac

_______________________________________________
Sac mailing list
Sac@lists.osgeo.org
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/sac

--
l a t / l o n GmbH
Aennchenstrasse 19 53177 Bonn, Germany
phone ++49 +228 9477 9877 fax ++49 +228 9477 0154
http://www.lat-lon.de http://www.deegree.org

lat/lon gesellschaft für raumbezogene informationssysteme mbH
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 13042
Geschäftsführer: Jens Fitzke und Torsten Friebe

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 10:26:05AM +0200, Torsten Friebe wrote:

Thanks for the quick response. I've created ticket
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2498.

If it would help, I can offer to support the SAC team to configure and
setup Nexus. During the last years I did the administration of Nexus
for the deegree project and learned a little bit about the software.
Kind regards,

This would be great!
I'm giving my +1 here, starting an official motion

--strk;

-----Original Message-----
From: Sac [mailto:sac-bounces@lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Sandro Santilli
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 8:30 AM
To: System Administration Committee Discussion/OSGeo
<sac@lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: [SAC] MOTION: approve Torsten Friebe joining SAC

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 10:26:05AM +0200, Torsten Friebe wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response. I've created ticket
> https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2498.
>
> If it would help, I can offer to support the SAC team to configure and
> setup Nexus. During the last years I did the administration of Nexus
> for the deegree project and learned a little bit about the software.
> Kind regards,

This would be great!
I'm giving my +1 here, starting an official motion

--strk;
_______________________________________________
Sac mailing list
Sac@lists.osgeo.org
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/sac

+1 to add Torsten to the team

Sandro Santilli <strk@kbt.io> schrieb am Di., 18. Aug. 2020, 14:30:

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 10:26:05AM +0200, Torsten Friebe wrote:

Thanks for the quick response. I’ve created ticket
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2498.

If it would help, I can offer to support the SAC team to configure and
setup Nexus. During the last years I did the administration of Nexus
for the deegree project and learned a little bit about the software.
Kind regards,

This would be great!
I’m giving my +1 here, starting an official motion

–strk;

+1 Markus

On 8/18/20 11:20 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:

Sandro Santilli <strk@kbt.io> schrieb am Di., 18. Aug. 2020, 14:30:

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 10:26:05AM +0200, Torsten Friebe wrote:

Thanks for the quick response. I've created ticket
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2498.

If it would help, I can offer to support the SAC team to configure and
setup Nexus. During the last years I did the administration of Nexus
for the deegree project and learned a little bit about the software.
Kind regards,

This would be great!
I'm giving my +1 here, starting an official motion

--strk;

+1 Markus

_______________________________________________
Sac mailing list
Sac@lists.osgeo.org
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/sac

Welcome Torsten, your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

+1 Alex

That would be great Torsten, I see you are already set up.

I was familiar with Artifactory and am presently learning Nexus, so we very much welcome your experience.
I have been learning as I go and added instructions for new projects setting up here: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:Repo#Maven_Instructions_for_OSGeo_Projects

We have also been struggling with what appears to be this issue NEXUS-24988, so I am trying to schedule an update of the software here.


Jody Garnett

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 at 01:26, Torsten Friebe <friebe@lat-lon.de> wrote:

Thanks for the quick response. I’ve created ticket
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2498.

If it would help, I can offer to support the SAC team to configure and
setup Nexus. During the last years I did the administration of Nexus
for the deegree project and learned a little bit about the software.
Kind regards,
Torsten

On 18.08.20 02:40, Regina Obe wrote:

First step would be to put in a trac ticket requesting the access

https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo

I’m not sure the details of how geoserver was set up as Jody did that. But I’m sure he can help out or at least give guidance with migrating the repos.

You should already be able to log into to

https://repo.osgeo.org

with your OSGeo LDAP account, but will have limited rights.
Thanks,
Regina

-----Original Message-----
From: Sac [mailto:sac-bounces@lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Torsten Friebe
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2020 4:18 AM
To: sac@lists.osgeo.org
Cc: psc@deegree.org; tmc@deegree.org; deegree-
devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [SAC] Maven repository for deegree artifacts

Dear all,

The deegree project would like to move all build and release artifacts from
our own project’s Nexus repo.deegree.org to the OSGeo Maven repository if
feasible. Our question is what needs to be done from our side to get access?
And if it would be possible to import artifacts required to build deegree too?

More information is documented in issue #1075 [1].

Kind regards,

Torsten

[1] https://github.com/deegree/deegree3/issues/1075


Sac mailing list
Sac@lists.osgeo.org
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/sac


Sac mailing list
Sac@lists.osgeo.org
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/sac


l a t / l o n GmbH
Aennchenstrasse 19 53177 Bonn, Germany
phone ++49 +228 9477 9877 fax ++49 +228 9477 0154
http://www.lat-lon.de http://www.deegree.org

lat/lon gesellschaft für raumbezogene informationssysteme mbH
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 13042
Geschäftsführer: Jens Fitzke und Torsten Friebe


Sac mailing list
Sac@lists.osgeo.org
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/sac